Tejada Blurb: Angels interested again?

broberts

Kotchman may be more valuable than Tejada is right now.

I agree, and I can't believe they would trade him. That'd be a downgrade for their offense - it just doesn't make sense.

I would take Wood and Santana for Tejada and Bradford/Walker. The longer we keep Miggy, the less valuable he becomes. Just give it up already and get what you can for him.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kotchman may be more valuable than Tejada is right now.

If that's true, it's more a statement on Tejada's fall than Kotchman's rise. Kotch seems to have durability issues, and he still hasn't proven he's got 1st baseman power.

Source - Ken Rosenthal.

Given the above, what would Tejada draw in a package from the Angels?

Heyman said yesterday the Angels were offering Kotchman, Santana, plus another major league ready prospect for Tex. Heyman even went on to say that the Angels were prepared to throw in another prospect to clinch the deal.

Depending on how Tejada does this weekend, they may try to go after Tejada since he would cost them less in terms of both what they are giving up as well as salary.

If that's true, it's more a statement on Tejada's fall than Kotchman's rise. Kotch seems to have durability issues, and he still hasn't proven he's got 1st baseman power.

He has a 477 slugging this year...For someone who came into the season with 300 or so ab's, that isn't bad at all....The power will come.

Guys, Tejada isn't the player he was -- and may never be that player ever again. We have to dial down our expectations in what we'd get in a trade for him.

I wouldn't throw the towel on him yet. Who knows what the streak did on his body. A break from the action and no longer the stigma of not being able to take him out may do Tejada some good. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a little more pop in his bat than earlier this year. He may never be the player he was two years ago, but I think he may be better than what he was earlier this year.

To get better the team is going to have to eventually make some moves that are in the long term interests of the club - moves that might seem unwise to the casual fan. I think the club has been scared to death to do that. But for some reason that I cannot fathom (maybe mediocrity is acceptable if it's mediocrity w/name players?) any suggestion that the team think about the long term is something many fans what no part of.

Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus has said that Adenhart is "untouchable"

I doubt they would turn down Adenhart for Tejada straight up. If I was the Orioles I would consider doing this deal and then packaging Cabrera, Penn, Traschel and whoever else the Rangers may want (Ray) for Tex. Adenhart could eventually fill Cabrera's spot in the rotation with Olson doing it now.

Told you guys the Angels may be interested again. ;)

If i am the Orioles, i put this deal on the table:

Tejada

Millar

Bradford

for

Wood

Kotchman

Rivera

Santana

Carrasco

The Angels improve the ML team a lot in this deal...We take on Carrasco for some salary relief.

They may bite on this.

Tejada

Millar

Bradford

for

Wood

Kotchman

Rivera

Santana

Carrasco

The Angels improve the ML team a lot in this deal...We take on Carrasco for some salary relief.

They may bite on this.

I could see the Angels jumping on that deal as IMO they would immediately be odds on favorites to win the AL Championship.

I don't see McPhail in a rush to trade Miggy. This winter is probably the time to consider that option IMO. I think McPhail would like to see how Miggy plays under Trembley.

I think that maybe the best point when arguing if Tejada is getting moved or not. If Tejada truely is back to form, and we can get a little discipline in him... we have an MVP shortstop. The only thing I don't like about that though is what if Trembley isn't the manager in the offseason? In this short time, you can create a sense of panic amongst other teams (a la the angels) in need of a bat. The deadline can also help us. Imagine if he goes on a tear between tonight and monday? I'm guessing teams will be lining up.

Tejada

Millar

Bradford

for

Wood

Kotchman

Rivera

Santana

Carrasco

They may bite on this.

Is that Hector Carrasco? I believe he was released a couple weeks ago.

Tejada

Millar

Bradford

for

Wood

Kotchman

Rivera

Santana

Carrasco

They may bite on this.

I like this a whole lot and I think there is a chance they take it and a chance they don't. I mean they still would be giving up Wood and Kotchman in the same trade. We could also sell the post season experience of all 3 of these players. If this trade doesn't work do you try to send Walker instead of Bradford? Do you throw Walker in since he really isn't in this teams long term future anyway? Also, do we really want Santana? He's back in the minors (I think) and his value has taken a HUGE drop this year.

Archived