Tejada Blurb: Angels interested again?

broberts

You are greatly overrating Wood.

I don't think he is.

He is still a top-25 prospect. His strikeouts are way down from last year. His walks are up. He is only 22 years old and his OPS has climbed a lot since June 1st.

If we can get him and perhaps a decent mid-level guy (Arredondo), we should take it. Same goes for Adenhart and a decent mid-level guy.

And then consider the team we are dealing with.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he is.

He is still a top-25 prospect. His strikeouts are way down from last year. His walks are up. He is only 22 years old and his OPS has climbed a lot since June 1st.

If we can get him and perhaps a decent mid-level guy (Arredondo), we should take it. Same goes for Adenhart and a decent mid-level guy.

And then consider the team we are dealing with.

822 OPS in the PCL is hardly an accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good prospect but he is overrated.

SG you were actually making some sense and showing some objectivity when you said...

But then an hour later you come up with this fantasyland trade that nets the O's Kotchman *and* three other guys for Tejada and spare parts? :confused:

If we assume Kotchman = Tejada for a moment, we're left with:

Millar + Bradford for Wood + Rivera + Santana.

Absolute insanity.

Yep, pretty much. For what we would be giving up, Kotchman and Wood would be a very good and surprising return. Wood, Santana, and a prospect in the 10-15 range would be more likely.

Yep, pretty much. For what we would be giving up, Kotchman and Wood would be a very good and surprising return. Wood, Santana, and a prospect in the 10-15 range would be more likely.

Millar and Bradford could likely get you back Rivera and 2 guys in the top 8-15 range or 2 top 10 prospects and another guy in the 12-25 range.

Millar and Bradford could likely get you back Rivera and 2 guys in the top 8-15 range or 2 top 10 prospects and another guy in the 12-25 range.

I think Millar and Bradford is somewhat equal to Santana(hard to gauge his value though) and 10-15 prospect and Tejada is somewhat equal with Wood. Maybe you can get a 15-20 guy thrown in. However, the Angels probably wouldn't want Millar if they weren't trading Kotchman. I also think the Angels view Rivera as a guy that can help them down the stretch and in the playoffs, and as a starter for next year, so he's not so easily attainable imo.

I think Millar and Bradford is somewhat equal to Santana(hard to gauge his value though) and 10-15 prospect and Tejada is somewhat equal with Wood. Maybe you can get a 15-20 guy thrown in. However, the Angels probably wouldn't want Millar if they weren't trading Kotchman. I also think the Angels view Rivera as a guy that can help them down the stretch and in the playoffs, and as a starter for next year, so he's not so easily attainable imo.

Well, if they feel Rivera will be back and be able to help them this year, i agree that he shouldn't be in the trade i said.

822 OPS in the PCL is hardly an accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good prospect but he is overrated.

Of course it isn't but he is only 22 and his peripheral stats that worried people a year ago have improved. With just Tejada, Wood and a 10-15 prospect would be a very good return, but I don't think the Angels would include Wood.

I agree adding Millar and Bradford might net Santana. Of course, other teams I'm sure would be in the bidding and I think they could get a better deal than what you propose.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2007/07/as-the-trading-.html#more

I'm up for trading him and having Bynum, Gomez, and Hernandez filling in at ss for the rest of the season unless we get back a SS prospect.

If we would ever trade Tejada to Anaheim, what would they do with Cabrera? Isn't he, not in general, hitting better than Tejada anyway NOW.

If we would ever trade Tejada to Anaheim, what would they do with Cabrera? Isn't he, not in general, hitting better than Tejada anyway NOW.

Cabrera had offered to move to third when this deal was discussed before. They'd probably be better with Miggy at third (though he'd be reluctant to do so) and Cabrera at short. Probably means Figgins would go back to the OF (hes not that great at third anyways). I personally dont know why they'd even want Miggy any more. They've got enough offense. Seams like Millar might be a good fit for them for the rest of the year.

Well let's see. We can probably get a player similar to Kotchman just for Bradford, Tejada could net 2-3 top prospects, and Millar could also get a top 15 prospect. So trading all 3 for Kotchman would be a big mistake

You're crazy.

Bradford doesn't even get you in the same zip code as a player like Kotchman.

Tejada's days of being worth 2-3 top prospects ended about a year ago. Today he's an overpaid singles hitter with an injury questionmark.

Millar you're right about... by himself, he's worth a fringey/flawed prospect with some upside. A Kieron Pope type.

Of course it isn't but he is only 22 and his peripheral stats that worried people a year ago have improved. With just Tejada, Wood and a 10-15 prospect would be a very good return, but I don't think the Angels would include Wood.

I agree adding Millar and Bradford might net Santana. Of course, other teams I'm sure would be in the bidding and I think they could get a better deal than what you propose.

Not with Colon out.

Trading those 3 pieces for one player is an incredibly stupid move.

If you're trading Tejada for a player that is cheaper, younger, better, under club control for longer, and plays a position of need, then it's worth it to throw in Millar and Bradford if that's what it takes to push the deal across the finish line.

Those two guys have minimal value to the O's. Better to use them in a deal like this than use them to get a couple of Kieron Popes to stock the farm with.

If you're trading Tejada for a player that is cheaper, younger, better, under club control for longer, and plays a position of need, then it's worth it to throw in Millar and Bradford if that's what it takes to push the deal across the finish line.

Those two guys have minimal value to the O's. Better to use them in a deal like this than use them to get a couple of Kieron Popes to stock the farm with.

Ok, then SS becomes the position of need and we lose a reliable bullpen arm

You're crazy.

Bradford doesn't even get you in the same zip code as a player like Kotchman.

Tejada's days of being worth 2-3 top prospects ended about a year ago. Today he's an overpaid singles hitter with an injury questionmark.

Millar you're right about... by himself, he's worth a fringey/flawed prospect with some upside. A Kieron Pope type.

Nice manners, Dave. I'm surprised you haven't received a fairly significant warning by now.

Please tell me the last time a guy with a .400 OBP like Millar was dealt for a hurt, fourth round prospect who had yet to play in the NYPenn League two years after being drafted? That's just a preposterous proposition.

Archived