Toronto series roster moves: Akin, Santander out, Rico Garcia/Kyle Stowers in

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Would be cool to see Stowers but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quite frankly, I'm alright with Akin being on the restricted list.  Get him some rest after yesterday.  

The thing is, there is no reason to not bring up Stowers at this point.  He can easily play 4-5 times a week.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The thing is, there is no reason to not bring up Stowers at this point.  He can easily play 4-5 times a week.

Who is sitting? Everyone else sits once of a week?  Hays-Mountcastle-Mancini-Mullins-Santander? 

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So that would  mean he would have pitched one time from June 4 to June 16th. At least he is not being overworked  

Has Akin complained about a tired arm or injury because he went 8 days in between appearances before pitching yesterday. It’s the longest break Akin has had all season. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Has Akin complained about a tired arm or injury because he went 8 days in between appearances before pitching yesterday. It’s the longest break Akin has had all season. 

You had 2 off days with the rainout keep in mind. Lyles and Zimmerman left the games with the club down and in low leverage spots. He could have used him one of those days but I can see why he didn’t. 

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Who is sitting? Everyone else sits once of a week?  Hays-Mountcastle-Mancini-Mullins-Santander? 

Yea, something along those lines.  At this point, Stowers has very little left to prove in the minors and is 24 years old.  Outside of Hays(who could use the occasional day off for health reasons) and Mancini, no one is exactly playing at a high level.

So, get him up here and see what he can do.  Isn't that what this season is supposed to be about?

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

You had 2 off days with the rainout keep in mind. Lyles and Zimmerman left the games with the club down and in low leverage spots. He could have used him one of those days but I can see why he didn’t. 

I agree ,but if he knew he would be out for the Toronto series he should have been in one of the low leverage situations. Sitting out another four days doesn't make you sharper