20-15 since May 19th

Tony-OH

45 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Are you trying to convince me NOT to make a trade?

They are reasons why Cle may be ok with giving him up.  

They are also potentially reasons you don’t want him but maybe the new wall helps his stats there and maybe we can get something better from him.

OTOH, Cle is about the best team in the league at developing pitching, so maybe not.

Either way, with his age, talent, upside and team control, I’m easily willing to give up those guys to find out.  But it’s also why I wouldn’t put better, younger, more cost controlled guys on the table for him and I think that is ultimately what Cle would want and ultimately why they would turn down the deal I said.  Maybe Lopez instead of Tate changes things though?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

My only quibble here is that it weakens your point to say "intuition." I would say rather that the belief or decision is based partly on things the manager, coaches can see and hear on the field or in the dugout that the computer-generated model doesn't. (This may even include what the player himself observes of his own condition.)

True, that may not have been the best word. Like you said, there are things happening in real time that I believe only the coaching staff can see during games.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Imagine adding Norfolk‘s 1-3 to our 7-9. 

That would involve promoting top prospects. Didnt they say at the beginning of the season that this should be the year guys come up and the opening day roster would look complete different by the all star break. Other then Adley the roster still looks the same. 

36 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

That would involve promoting top prospects. Didnt they say at the beginning of the season that this should be the year guys come up and the opening day roster would look complete different by the all star break. Other then Adley the roster still looks the same. 

Grayson would be in the starting rotation if not injured.  DL Hall is not ready yet.  If Gunnar and Jordan are anything close to this hot by the beginning of August it will be tough not to promote them.  It will also depend on how the rest of the infield beside Mountcastle is hitting by then as well.   I suspect if Mancini and/or Sandtander is traded Stowers will be up as well.

3 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

All Star break ain't here yet.  😉

• Upvote 1

Just 22-20 since May 19th now, but yesterday's win extended the stretch of .500 play to 60 games.

30-30 since starting 6-14. The stretch began when the Red Sox threw a sacrifice bunt into left field in extra innings on Apr 30th.