Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?

interloper

Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/22 at 17:26

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The guy has openly questioned my fandom because I’m not lobbying for the call up of the kids. Besides, the rotation is pitching well so I doubt we call up a starter at this point. I don’t think they are cutting Odor or Phillips who we just committed to pay half seasons salary instead of calling up Stowers. And Nevin is a bench player….it would be unproductive to call up Westburg or Henderson to sit the bench.

I think it's pretty funny when anyone questions the fandom of someone that spends an appreciable amount of time on a team message board.  Yep, you've posted over 17K times over the last 15 years because you aren't a fan.

Just playing the long con.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's pretty funny when anyone questions the fandom of someone that spends an appreciable amount of time on a team message board.  Yep, you've posted over 17K times over the last 15 years because you aren't a fan.

Just playing the long con.

Thanks 🙏 

We’re at the two thirds point of the season with Toronto coming in and fifteen games left against them.  Personally, I like to see Elias bolster the ML roster and he had good internal candidates.  Henderson, Stowers and Hall would be excellent additions to the roster and it would help them to be ready for ‘23.

6 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

We’re at the two thirds point of the season with Toronto coming in and fifteen games left against them.  Personally, I like to see Elias bolster the ML roster and he had good internal candidates.  Henderson, Stowers and Hall would be excellent additions to the roster and it would help them to be ready for ‘23.

I hear ya ..l, but I don’t think Elias is doing it. If they were bringing up Stowers they wouldn’t have wasted money on Phillips

• Upvote 1

Elias said at the time he traded Mancini that he didn't consider very likely that this team wins a wild card this year. Following that logic, I would assume that he'll stay true to form and prioritize the extra year of control for Henderson. He wasn't trying to win at the start of this season and I don't think the approach has changed. 

1 minute ago, deward said:

Elias said at the time he traded Mancini that he didn't consider very likely that this team wins a wild card this year. Following that logic, I would assume that he'll stay true to form and prioritize the extra year of control for Henderson. He wasn't trying to win at the start of this season and I don't think the approach has changed. 

What does having Gunnar stay down until opening day change regarding an extra year of control?

5 hours ago, baltimoreO's22 said:

When is the deadline to be called up and be eligible for postseason roster? Also does postseason count against your rookie eligibility, in terms of ABs and days up? 

8/31.  The other key “date” is the limited PAs and 45 days on the roster.

So the window will likely be between 8/23 and 8/31 so the guys maintain rookie eligibility heading into 2023.  

IF we’re still contending AND IF the team is fine losing the year of control at the end of the rookie contract/arb years (Gunnar, Grayson, and to a lesser extent Hall and I suppose Stowers too).  There are a few other variables but that’s the main gist of seeing anyone this year or not.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because if you leave him down a couple weeks past opening day and he doesn't finish in the top 2 for ROY voting you get six more full seasons.

Or sufficient award consideration in any season before qualifying to arbitration.  If Julio Rodriguez continues to improve I wouldn't be surprised if he bring back the Mariners an extra compensation draft pick each year before he hits arb.

If the front office considers him legitimately a top 5 prospect in all of baseball they should play for the pick (and also put themselves in the best possible position to compete in 2023 by getting his feet wet in 2022).  If they don't then sure, it does makes sense to hold him back and start his adjustment to MLB in May of 2023. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I understand the 40 man roster issue.  If we don't promote Gunnar this year then he doesn't have to be added to the 40 man roster this offseason, but presumably he's going to be promoted early next season, so at that point he would need to go on the 40 man, and someone would have to be bumped.  So we either bump a marginal guy off the 40 man now, or we do it early next season--what's the difference?  

9 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I'm not sure I understand the 40 man roster issue.  If we don't promote Gunnar this year then he doesn't have to be added to the 40 man roster this offseason, but presumably he's going to be promoted early next season, so at that point he would need to go on the 40 man, and someone would have to be bumped.  So we either bump a marginal guy off the 40 man now, or we do it early next season--what's the difference?  

Think of the dozens of fringe moves Elias and co could make in the interim!

4 hours ago, oriolefan1035 said:

Elias said during the broadcast today (2nd inning?) that there are guys in Norfolkwho would help in the stretch run. I didn’t get the impression he was talking about Harvey and Baumann.

Ha I would most defiantly assume Harvey is included in that unfortunately