O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 18

bigbird

Holy crap...do Candy Cane Oreos actually exist? Please say you aren't toying with me...

Yep.

As a rule, I hate it when they fool around with standard brands.

For example, I don't want banana-flavored Hershey Kisses. I think Hershey Kisses should be the same as they've always been.

I'm not recommending this attitude. It's just the one I have, that's all.

However, Candy Cane Oreo's are an exception to this rule.

A couple weeks ago, my bride bought a package of Oreo's. ('Dunno why, we never eat Oreo's, but she got some anyway.)

Because she wasn't aware that there are now various versions of Oreo's, she was not paying sufficient attention to the package.

So, she accidentally bought the Wrong Thing: "Limited Edition Oreo Old Fashioned Candy Cane Creme" (with pix of candy canes on the pkg).

Boy howdy, the Wrong Thing turned out to be the Right Thing.

They are way better than normal Oreo's. In fact, they are dangerously better than normal Oreo's.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if I never ate a normal Oreo again. (I've got nothing against them, but I certainly don't crave them.)

In contrast, the life expectancy of a package of Candy Cane Oreo's around here is a measly 2 days.

Sadly, these are not among the several versions of by-now-normal Oreo's. Instead, they a limited edition holiday item.

Where we live, they're not on the shelf with other Oreo's. Rather, they're in XMAS-related areas.

Including at WalMart, where they keep moving things around to make sure you can't find them. Not sure where they are now.

Get some while you can. I know I am.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, even the Yankees offices are closed this week.

Some of you people forget the human aspect of baseball. :rolleyes:

Yea, and the Yankees signed C.C., Burnett, and some guy who grew up in the Baltimore,MD area whats his name?:scratchchinhmm:

Oh wait a minute, I have it Mark Teixeira.

What have the Orioles even done? Signed a SS for 2 years when, we still need pitching, Roberts traded IMO, Do we have a catcher on the 40 man roster? From the looks of it, seems to me that AM and the entire organization has been on vacation a good while now.

I been watching this team lose over a decade now. Don't you think they been vacationing long enough? I think it's about time they forget a vacation and worry about fielding a winner for us, fans? After all we are the ones throwing out money everytime we step in that stadium.

What have the Orioles even done? Signed a SS for 2 years when, we still need pitching, Roberts traded IMO, Do we have a catcher on the 40 man roster? From the looks of it, seems to me that AM and the entire organization has been on vacation a good while now.

I been watching this team lose over a decade now. Don't you think they been vacationing long enough? I think it's about time they forget a vacation and worry about fielding a winner for us, fans? After all we are the ones throwing out money everytime we step in that stadium.

Who cares if there isnt a catcher on the 40 man roster? It is December 28th, not April 6th.

I have been watching the team lose for over a decade now as well, but the fact people are getting bent out of shape about MacPhail taking a few days to himself are ignorant. The article even mentions that he will still probably trade calls with agents.

Everyone wants Andy to get stuff done but it takes two to tango. I dont see too many players clamoring to sign right now when they would rather spend time with their families during the holidays.

Again, nothing needs to be done imminently.

Of course, all this will fall on deaf ears because most posters have already reserved themselves to finding a fault with Andy in any format.

Dec 10 - O's agree to deal with Izturis - We still need 3 starting pitchers, a starting catcher, a first baseman, a utility infielder.

18 days and counting....

I thought they were only trying to sign two starting pitchers?

We have a 1B in Huff and a UTIL in Murphy.

We can use Quiroz as part of a catching tandem.

Things arent as dire as you make them out to be.

I thought they were only trying to sign two starting pitchers?

We have a 1B in Huff and a UTIL in Murphy.

We can use Quiroz as part of a catching tandem.

Things arent as dire as you make them out to be.

The O's have resources and cash to spend to just be content with what your saying.

When you offer a 7-140mill offer to someone and its still in your hands, than you have toshow the fanbase that you can spend that kind of cash elsewhere. Maybe not in that amount but the fans now know the O's have money. So no more excuses.

Your solution above is nothing more than excuses.

Who cares if there isnt a catcher on the 40 man roster? It is December 28th, not April 6th.

I have been watching the team lose for over a decade now as well, but the fact people are getting bent out of shape about MacPhail taking a few days to himself are ignorant. The article even mentions that he will still probably trade calls with agents.

Everyone wants Andy to get stuff done but it takes two to tango. I dont see too many players clamoring to sign right now when they would rather spend time with their families during the holidays.

Again, nothing needs to be done imminently.

Of course, all this will fall on deaf ears because most posters have already reserved themselves to finding a fault with Andy in any format.

I would like to see this team show a little more urgency. You very well might be wrong about the players and the agents. But, aren't you the least bit worried that this team will just have another empty offseason?

I would like to see this team show a little more urgency.

There's a big diff between urgent and important.

For whatever reasons, many people here confuse the two.

That's not unusual. It's a very common mistake in all aspects of human endeavor.

But, if nothing else, you should try to keep the difference in mind.

But, aren't you the least bit worried that this team will just have another empty offseason?

I think AM started a clock ticking when he traded Erik. I think he had only 1 season to burn, and that was last season.

So, I think he has to have the team show year by year improvement.

I expect he will take steps to do that, but I doubt if they will be major-headline steps.

I think some folks equate making things better with major-headline-steps, and I expect those folks will be disappointed.

"Two days off for MacPhail?"

Do you think this guy doesn't have a cell phone? If he leaves Balt. to meet with another agent, does that mean that he cannot conduct business with other agents? What is wrong with leaving the office for a few days for a change of scenary. He can still conduct business, but it gives him a break from Balt. and his office.

I would like to see this team show a little more urgency. You very well might be wrong about the players and the agents. But, aren't you the least bit worried that this team will just have another empty offseason?

No, because it is December 28th. If it is February 15th, then I might worry a little bit, but there is still some time.

Urgency is great, but I would rather get it done right.

Archived