O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 18

bigbird

Really? Again? These. Points. Do. Not. Go. Over. Our. Heads.

Rinse. Repeat.

Please stop saying that. There's nothing that crawls out of your keyboard, or any other (except maybe for Baltimoron's) that goes over any of our heads. Nothing.

Well, then stop making it obvious that they are.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, I understand the real point. I'm not an idiot, i'm right there with anyone else who thinks AM has some work to do, if you'd read my posts you'd know I've been consistent about that as well.

But to start a thread saying we're held hostage because we haven't done anything for 18 days is pathetic, period.

BB is exaggerating and hoping people can understand his point.

What is pathetic is for people to cry about it.

Don't start this again, please. Seriously. Most of us just want to have a civilized conversation about these things. Most of us are pretty well-informed about what's going on.

There's a difference of opinion on this, and only time will tell who's right and who's wrong.

No matter how many times you puff yourself up on here, it doesn't actually make you smarter or increase anyone's respect for you. It's just you, puffing yourself up. On the other hand, yesterday was a banner day of good posting with lots of great contributions from you. Why the regression today?

All of this "no one understands me" drivel shows the emotional maturity of a 15 year old girl.

BB is exaggerating and hoping people can understand his point.

What is pathetic is for people to cry about it.

BB makes this thread, albeit "exaggerating", yet i'm the one "crying" about it? :confused:

Figure that out.

Again, i'm not one of the blind followers, so to speak, but I think a thread like this serves no point and is frankly pretty sad. But to each his own I guess.

The only thing really at stake here is Angelos' income.

If Angelos wants to continue to lose more and more profits from gate reciepts, then by all mean he can let MacPhail continue to drag out the rebuilding process by only making one or two moves a year and further drive the Orioles fanbase away in droves...

But eventually that money bin won't be deep enough for Peter to dive into anymore and that's when he'll put the pressure on MacPhail to speed things up one would hope...

Don't start this again, please. Seriously. Most of us just want to have a civilized conversation about these things. Most of us are pretty well-informed about what's going on.

There's a difference of opinion on this, and only time will tell who's right and who's wrong.

No matter how many times you puff yourself up on here, it doesn't actually make you smarter or increase anyone's respect for you. It's just you, puffing yourself up.

All of this "no one understands me" drivel shows the emotional maturity of a 15 year old girl.

Yea, calling BB's thread pathetic is very civilized...Give me a break.

If BB came on here praising AM, I bet you wouldn't think it was pathetic...As long as someone is bowing in his greatness, the thread is great...If he gets bashed, it is pathetic.

If BB came on here praising AM, I bet you wouldn't think it was pathetic...As long as someone is bowing in his greatness, the thread is great...If he gets bashed, it is pathetic.

If it was just a bunch of puffery? I probably wouldn't read it. I'm not blindly following AM. I'm just interested in good conversation on both sides of the aisle.

It's not that he got bashed, as i've said many times and you've ignored, I bash him sometimes too. It's just the idea that we're doomed because it's Dec. 28th and we haven't done what we need to yet this off-season, and some suggesting because of how pathetic the O's are, AM shouldn't be on vacation during Christmas week.

Then don't read it.

Nah, I think I will Jesus, if you don't mind.

No one is making it obvious. You are just jumping to idiotic conclusions because of your impatience.

Your frustration that AM has the job that you think you can do better is making you act like a jerk.

Saying that stuff is over people's head just because they have a different opinion and outlook then you is completely rediculous.

No one cares if you have "It's my party and I can cry if I want to" playing in the background 24/7.

But some of us have positive outlooks, and just because we do, it does not make anything "over our heads" as you so eloquently put it.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/search.php?searchid=339249

Apparently you have something like 156 posts that use the word pathetic. Apparently, you're contributing a great deal to civilized discourse.

No one is making it obvious. You are just jumping to idiotic conclusions because of your impatience.

Your frustration that AM has the job that you think you can do better is making you act like a jerk.

Saying that stuff is over people's head just because they have a different opinion and outlook then you is completely rediculous.

No one cares if you have "It's my party and I can cry if I want to" playing in the background 24/7.

But some of us have positive outlooks, and just because we do, it does not make anything "over our heads" as you so eloquently put it.

You can have a positive outlook...But nothing has happened and that is BB's complaint...That is the part that seems to be going over the heads of people. They just assume it is a AM hate fest because Bigbird started the thread...That's not it at all.

It is just the idea that he hasn't done anything. That is a problem..Some of you don't care...BB does. That is the point.

Bigbird doesn't hate AM..He just expects him to improve the team.

I don't see how that is a problem...Everyone should expect that.

For years I have seen the same people on this site praise our GMs when they were here...People would compare them to the previous regime and praise them for improving things and not make mistakes.

For years the same people have talked about how we are getting closer yet at the end of every year, our window to contend is pushed back another year or 2.

Its the same thing every year and every year it is the same people saying everything is fine and to be patient and that Rome wasn't built in a day. But every year we see the same results.

BB does not like AM, he has not liked AM and just about every big decision that AM has had to make BB was on here saying things weren't going our way. Sometimes he has been right, sometimes he has been wrong. His guy was hooked in with Duquette and when Duquette was here BB praised everything he did and defended the FO non-stop.

I am not going to sit here and praise everything AM has done. I would be a fool to try, but I do think he has things basically going in the right direction. He hasn't wasted money. He got the big draft pick signings done. Our minor league system is much better today. He made two very good trades last off-season and another pretty good one this off-season. He moves slow and some hate that, but overall he is moving the team along in a good direction.

Maybe, maybe, he should take more chances, but I'm o.k. with his off-season thus far and his direction for the team in the last two years.

Archived