O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 18

bigbird

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one you suggested will do, does anybody on here run simulations.

I'm actually serious here, lets have an appropriate expert on here take the expected 2011 team, and run a simulation (or whatever is the best technique), and see how many games that team would have won in 2007.

Maybe you should tell me what team you think I suggested. 25-man.

I'd like to see someone run a simulation on that expected team. I don't believe it wins as many games as you think.

Hi Wind Rider,

When you're responding to someone, please hit the Quote button at the bottom of their post so that it's clear what post you're replying to. Especially in long threads like this, it can get hard to keep track of who's responding to what. Thanks.

If Mora has another strong season in '09, he will definitely be our 3B in 2010.

Put me down as someone who has no problem with that.

Ok than put me down for someone who has a real problem with that.

Mora's numbers are going to continue to decline and in no way should he be our third baseman in 2010.

I even have a problem with him being an utility man at that point.

SG, what is pathetic is that you seem so bent on bashing Andy M. I just don't understand why some are so upset when it is only the 29th of December. Why not give the guy a chance? As for as Tex goes just how sure are you or anyone else that he ever wanted to sign with Baltimore at any time?

Dec 10 - O's agree to deal with Izturis - We still need 3 starting pitchers, a starting catcher, a first baseman, a utility infielder.

18 days and counting....

Couldn't have put it better.... Hendrickson? Seriously? The only interesting rumor I have heard is the Pudge rumor, which I think we really need to get done ASAP. Who better to mentor our young stud?

Couldn't have put it better.... Hendrickson? Seriously? The only interesting rumor I have heard is the Pudge rumor, which I think we really need to get done ASAP. Who better to mentor our young stud?

Gregg Zaun. He understands that Wieters is the immediate future and knows how to play a role. Pudge is half the player he used to be and would be a terrible addition.

SG, what is pathetic is that you seem so bent on bashing Andy M. I just don't understand why some are so upset when it is only the 29th of December. Why not give the guy a chance? As for as Tex goes just how sure are you or anyone else that he ever wanted to sign with Baltimore at any time?

His issue is the same as mine. AM has done nothing the past 11 months that would put us closer to ever contending. Nothing. He's living on trades involving 2 all star level players with multiple years on their contracts.

I beg someone to lay out exactly what he has accomplished over the past 11 months to move this organization forward, increase the talent level throughout the system as well as the major league product.

His issue is the same as mine. AM has done nothing the past 11 months that would put us closer to ever contending. Nothing. He's living on trades involving 2 all star level players with multiple years on their contracts.

I beg someone to lay out exactly what he has accomplished over the past 11 months to move this organization forward, increase the talent level throughout the system as well as the major league product.

I agree, we haven't done anything, other than get some MLB experience for a few guys, many of which flopped, that helps us for the future in a great way since the Bedard trade. I liked picking Matusz, but you get a draft pick every year, so I don't really think that counts as a major plus.

I do think the right plan was to wait and see if we could sign Tex, then figure out how to complete the rebuild. With Tex, you extend Roberts and sign some mid-priced starters. Without, you trade Roberts and any of Huff, Sherrill, Hernandez, Mora, and maybe Scott that you can get value for and sign stop gaps and wait until the younger guys are ready. I'm livid with MacPhail for not topping the Yankees offer for Tex, so mad that I think it negates the bonus he got for the phenomenal return on Bedard and a good return for Tejada, and he hasn't done much else other than those trades. He's done to about a C- in my book for his time here. He'd be at about an A- if he had offered Tex the contract he should have and gotten him signed. So far his biggest plusses beyond that Bedard trade have been in setting up international scouting, which is certainly something he has accomplished that helps, but it obviously won't bring much return for a long time.

Gregg Zaun. He understands that Wieters is the immediate future and knows how to play a role. Pudge is half the player he used to be and would be a terrible addition.

I have to say I disagree with this. Last I checked, Pudge is still a multiple Gold Glove winner and an All-Star at least 14times, as recently as 2007; I don't think Zaun can boast these same credentials. He may not be AS good as before, but he's certainly better than Zaun.

I have to say I disagree with this. Last I checked, Pudge is still a multiple Gold Glove winner and an All-Star at least 14times, as recently as 2007; I don't think Zaun can boast these same credentials. He may not be AS good as before, but he's certainly better than Zaun.
I'm not so sure. He'll probably hit for more power and a higher BA, but Zaun is much better at drawing walks. Pudge is had OBP of .294 and .319 the last 2 years. Zaun has been at .340 both years. Zaun is older, but Pudge has caught many more games over the years, so I think that cancels out.

I'd probably take Zaun, just because he'll be cheaper and won't mind as much giving way to Wieters in a month or two. I'm fine with either though, as long as its a 1-year deal and they know they are just holding the starting spot until Wieters is called up.

Being better than Zaun really doesn't matter and credentials don't matter that much either. Weiters is coming and that means the guy you sign will have to accept being a back-up. I-Rod will not. Zaun understands what will be happening. That is the bottom line.

Archived