O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 18

bigbird

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this little nugget from Schmuck's blog that slipped by:

So it seems MacPhail traded a solid reliever for nothing...

Sure gives you confidence in his abilities...

This is so one sided even Rush Limbaugh is laughing out loud.

We saved money for an aging reliever who had little value here anymore.

But we do not like to present both sides of the story now do we?

If you don't want to read the stuff where people bash AM, then don't read it. It is all very simple...Use the ignore feature..Don't read a thread when it is obvious AM is going to get slammed(or whatever wording you want to use).

This thread was obvious what it was going to be about before you even had to click on it...So, knowing that, don't read it if it bothers you.

Yeah, i'm sure that's what Tony & Company would prefer in the "Orioles Talk" message board. Only read and comment on what you agree with, and never offer a different opinion.

There's no real point in having any real conversation that involves two side's, it's best just to create cliques and stick to your end of the table involving the array of discussions on this board. :rolleyes:

Bigbird expects results, not talk.

And yes, he preferred Duquette...So what?

BB has praised AM and will praise him again if he does thinks he likes...But when he doesn't do anything, BB is going to complain about it...I don't see what the problem with that is.

What do you all expect people to do? Sit on their hands, pretend everything is fine and right poetry about sunshines and rainbows?

If you don't want to read the stuff where people bash AM, then don't read it. It is all very simple...Use the ignore feature..Don't read a thread when it is obvious AM is going to get slammed(or whatever wording you want to use).

This thread was obvious what it was going to be about before you even had to click on it...So, knowing that, don't read it if it bothers you.

BB has said nothing wrong in this thread...He expects results...This isn't just about the last 18 days...it is about the last 11 months.

I'll ignore what I want to ignore and respond to what I want to respond to. You don't need to lecture me on what I should and should not read. If he meant the last 11 months, he should have said 11 months. This post would be more fitting if nothing happens between now and Feb. 10.

Yeah, i'm sure that's what Tony & Company would prefer in the "Orioles Talk" message board. Only read and comment on what you agree with, and never offer a different opinion.

There's no real point in having any real conversation that involves two side's, it's best just to create cliques and stick to your end of the table involving the array of discussions on this board. :rolleyes:

If you have a differing opinion, then talk about the opinion..Whining about how the original post was worded, when it had an obvious meaning, is absurd and ridiculous.

People on this board get so wrapped up in stuff like that...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

I'll ignore what I want to ignore and respond to what I want to respond to. You don't need to lecture me on what I should and should not read. If he meant the last 11 months, he should have said 11 months. This post would be more fitting if nothing happens between now and Feb. 10.

I will ask you the same thing I asked CS.

Do you think BB would have made this thread if AM had done a lot in the last 11 months?

If he'd signed Teixeira, would you have confidence in his abilities? Would this point shake them?

Or is consistency too much to ask for?

But we didn't sign Tex because we apparently couldn't afford him. So what was the Bradford money saved for exactly?

Oh and here's one more:

Pete's reply: My understanding is that Nick's number is about $70 million for six and the club's number is about $60 million for six. Of course, they don't publish that sort of thing, so you'll have to trust me. I'm pretty confident about this.

So it seems we are lowballing Markakis by 10 million dollars or about 1.67 million a season. Do you see Nick budging off of that # because 6/70 is pretty darn fair...

Considering we could pay Tex 7/140, we should be able to find 6/10 for Markakis...

Let's try and use our heads for just this one moment...If AM had gotten a lot more done the past 11 months, do you think BB would be bringing this up?

Yes, he could have gotten a few more things done in the past 11 months, the Sherrill situation in particular bothers me, but overall it's hard to argue that it hasn't been a good 11-month. Some would say it's been arguable the best 11-months our FO has had in the past decade.

But what else could he have done, realistically? Petition MLB to hold two extra MLB amateur drafts, forcing college freshman to enter?

If you have a differing opinion, then talk about the opinion..Whining about how the original post was worded, when it had an obvious meaning, is absurd and ridiculous.

People on this board get so wrapped up in stuff like that...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

I very clearly did state my differing opinion... that it doesn't matter if we get done what we need to get done by Dec. 28th or January 28th.

I will ask you the same thing I asked CS.

Do you think BB would have made this thread if AM had done a lot in the last 11 months?

What is a lot? If you were in charge I would think a trade every 5 days would be in order.;)

Seriously, what moves should he have made in the last 11 months that he did not. Tex should not be involved in this discussion, I don't think he ever wanted to play for Baltimore or Washington.

But we didn't sign Tex because we apparently couldn't afford him. So what was the Bradford money saved for exactly?

Oh and here's one more:

So it seems we are lowballing Markakis by 10 million dollars or about 1.67 million a season. Do you see Nick budging off of that # because 6/70 is pretty darn fair...

Lowballing Nick? What the hell are you talking about?

That isn't a lowball offer...It is only about 2-6 million off of where it needs to end up.

A lowball offer would be 6/40.

You can have a positive outlook...But nothing has happened and that is BB's complaint...That is the part that seems to be going over the heads of people. They just assume it is a AM hate fest because Bigbird started the thread...That's not it at all.

It is just the idea that he hasn't done anything. That is a problem..Some of you don't care...BB does. That is the point.

He is doing plenty. Maybe not enough to satisfy you and Bigbird and others, but plenty still. I started a thread a week or more ago, blasting AM for not multi-tasking, and received a hearty @$$-ripping (including by a now EX-friend...) It was pointed out that AM is also signing MiL FAs, working on Kawakami (sp?), dealing with three reluctant cities regarding a ST site, talking to catchers, etc. etc. Granted these are not huge priorities, but they are all things that need to be done. Taking a few days off (and people going ballistic over it... :rolleyes: ) is what people do. Even GMs.

Who is Andy supposed to talk to, when all the other GMs and Agents are off work too? Like you yourself said, there are seven weeks left. An eternity in an offseason.

Oh and here's one more:

JT, this is GOOD news. This deal will obviously get done if the starting points are that close. So he finishes up at 6/66 or the like. Two words, JT: mood stabilizers.

It's got to be tiring to bounce around like you do. ;)

Oh and here's one more:

Considering we could pay Tex 7/140, we should be able to find 6/10 for Markakis...

We didn't sign Tex because he said he wanted to be a Yankee.

Archived