Orioles Trade Rumors and Whispers

jcroemer

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy New Year, my mobtown compatriots!

There sure isn't much out there to link to because of the holiday.

Should the Orioles invest in Barry Bonds, asks the Examiner.

A story about Dodgertown that mentions the O's and Vero Beach have set a 30-day cooling down period.

The Bleacher Report chimes in on our pitching prospects.

For my buddy Paul Bako, a story on the real Paul Bako returning to the Cubs.

In case you missed it, Dean Jones Jr.'s column about Chris Tillman.

A history of brawls in MLB. This one mentions the time that Benetiz plunked a Yankee, get sucker-punched by Daryl Strawberry, who in turn, was bloodied by Alan Mills.

Enjoy!

I swear that if the Orioles sign Barry Bonds I will boycott this team. I'm a diehard fan but that would be wayyyy over the edge. :puke::ohlord::down::down::down:

Alright, things started to heat up for the first time in the new year last night when Roch published a blog that described Kenny Williams' (White Sox GM) interest in Brian Roberts. The story goes that he offered Gavin Floyd as a starting point for a trade. Many fans want Sox prospect Chris Getz involved in the trade, so much so that Roch had to publish another blog about Getz and the possibilities of acquiring him in the deal. Then, the story got some press on mlb.com.

That's about it, for this morning, though. National media has yet to really get involved. We'll see what happens. Like Roch said, it's not on the verge on happening, it's the early stage of discussion. I am still trying to figure out why they let it leak... it's that's true.

Well the national media still has not taken off with this story. Here is what is happening:

The Examiner weighs in on a Floyd-for-Roberts deal. The Examiner also picked up a story from Yahoo, a team report on the Orioles.

Back to Roberts, the only outlet picking up the story, so far, is Camden Chat, where SC weighs in.

Roch offered a little more insight/observation this morning.

Finally, a Bleacher Report article on the starting rotation being in shambles.

Enjoy!

Fans in Cleveland wants to know whats going on with Brian Roberts so they wrote to their columnist at the Plain Dealer. Schmuck's take: One Severna Park kid is as good as another!

Game 5 of the 1970 World Series is on MASN tonight. When I was younger this is one of the first VHS tapes my grandfather gave me because he wanted me to see how good Brooksie really was. If you haven't seen the 1970 Series, I highly recommend making time tonight for Game 5.

I know someone will enjoy reading about baseball's Top 100 Canadians.

This one is off topic but I don't care. It's about Ray Lewis signing another deal to stay in Baltimore and it talks about howRoberto Alomar signed elsewhere after Angelos was the only one to stand by him. It's from the Examiner but it's written by Michael Olesker which is why it's here.

Wow, Erik Bedard didn't even get honorable mention!

I am surprised by that, but they only mentioned a few players: Justin Morneau, Joey Votto, Jeff Francis, Ryan Dempster, Larry Walker, Russell Martin, Jason Bay, Matt Stairs, and Phillippe Aumont.

I could understand Bedard being left off the list with the first few players, but seeing Stairs and Aumont included, I am surprised Bedard isnt on the list.

I give them credit though, to compose a list of 100 Canadians, that's impressive knowledge, even if it is pointless.

This one is off topic but I don't care. It's about Ray Lewis signing another deal to stay in Baltimore and it talks about howRoberto Alomar signed elsewhere after Angelos was the only one to stand by him. It's from the Examiner but it's written by Michael Olesker which is why it's here.

I've always felt that the alomar incident on the Orioles backing of him was horrific and unforgivable. As a fan I was never enamored with alomar, he was a quitter a whiner a complainer and he dogged it for for more than 1 team.

What Ray Ray did, even though he was a Raven, he did off the field and not wearing the uniform, alomar disgraced the Orioles and Baltimore and standing up for him was an equal disgrace.

OK, is the Roberts for Floyd proposal one that is actually being discussed between the teams or just message board and blogs?

As a fan I was never enamored with alomar, he was a quitter a whiner a complainer and he dogged it for for more than 1 team.

Huh? That's a silly thing to say. Did you actually watch the man play?

He's the best 2nd-baseman I ever saw. He did everything well.

For a while, he might have been not only the best 2nd-baseman, but also the best baseball player of anybody.

Saying Roberto Alomar was no good indicates that you don't know what you're talking about, baseball-wise.

Huh? That's a silly thing to say. Did you actually watch the man play?

He's the best 2nd-baseman I ever saw. He did everything well.

For a while, he might have been not only the best 2nd-baseman, but also the best baseball player of anybody.

Saying Roberto Alomar was no good indicates that you don't know what you're talking about, baseball-wise.

Unfortunately he did spit in the face of a umpire:(

Archived