Saturday afternoon August 20: Boog Powell Bobblehead Day vs the Red Sox

SteveA

8 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Seeing Devers pout like a 12 year old little leaguer after striking out is hilarious

Dude looks like he’s gonna cry lmao 

Him and Verdugo and Donaldson. I like how Rutschman registers his disagreement: stares down for a half-second at how far below the zone he thought the pitch was then just walks away as if nothing had happened.

• Like 1

Just now, Yossarian said:

They keep talking about how Wacha is much more effective against righties than lefties.   This makes me wonder why Rutschman and Santander choose to bat left-handed and not right-handed against him?

I mean Wacha is more effective against lefties.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

At first you will miss the umpires when they have robo strike zone....but after a short time you will ever forget baseball used to be in the dark ages and lazy humans called the balls and strikes.  

I'm curious as to what the calibration and siting puzzles are solved.

Umps are good for arguing with, for making baseball discursive and mildly political (resistance/remonstrance vs. quasi-rational authority and fiat law).

Edited by LA2

Realistically did not think we would sweep them thought we would have an issue today I know someone who is there and so far every time a friend goes they have lost.  Hope we put on a good showing tomorrow night in the national spotlight.  

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Him and Verdugo and Donaldson. I like how Rutschman registers his disagreement: stares down for a half-second at how far below the zone he thought the pitch was then just walks away as if nothing had happened.

Don’t forget the crybaby Yankees.