Wells starting tonight

eddie83

47 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What's wrong with Kremer?  Wasn't it his turn?

I'd guess nothing, and they like Wells as Opener a little bit better.    I believe the team will need both Wells and Kremer to collect some of those 27 outs tonight.

9 outs each for the two bulk guys and an inning each for Tate-Perez-Bautista.     Raysian September baseball on the eve of an offday.

6 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Also, GRod will need to be worked in to all of this as well. I'm thinking he just works out of the pen -- would honestly just swap Hall out for him with the way Hall has been going.

I am sure Grayson will only start, but if we can get Tyler Wells for 30-some tonight, can we just get Grayson's 40 Sunday?

Really love this process tactic whatever the outcome.     Bradish and Tyler Wells are as strongly as we can answer Gausman-Berrios-Manoah for bulk....this week.

Jays offday tomorrow...Jordan Romano's pitching long tonight.

14 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I'd guess nothing, and they like Wells as Opener a little bit better.    I believe the team will need both Wells and Kremer to collect some of those 27 outs tonight.

9 outs each for the two bulk guys and an inning each for Tate-Perez-Bautista.     Raysian September baseball on the eve of an offday.

I doubt the plan is for Kremer to get 9 outs.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I doubt the plan is for Kremer to get 9 outs.

The last few innings will be interesting if it is close.     Tate, Perez and Bautista all talk to the coaches, etc. as they report, but I would not expect any of them to be down today....this is what you play for.

Today's just a fun byproduct of surprise contention, not having enough good pitchers, a zillion offdays on deck and a game with the one opponent you have the best chance to catch.

First time through TOR bats may scorch T. Wells for six lasers, but in that scenario I feel they're getting a whole bunch of runs tonight no matter who we put up there.

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

But they are messing with Kremer's routine when he has been pitching well?

This is the tradeoff.     You maybe can paint it as a compliment to Kremer's in-form agility/adapatability, something Wells and Grayson lack right now.

But yeah, if he pulls a Tuesday Cade Povich, it'll earn a question.

I'd guess someone outside Wells-Kremer-Tate-Perez-Bautista is the appointed "closer" for Wells in an early inning if one runs bad to protect Kremer's entry to the start of an inning, unless that's Tate's smaller capacity tonight off the 30 pitches yesterday.

Edited by Just Regular