Tuesday September 13: Orioles visit Nats

SteveA

16 minutes ago, justD said:

So this is the “Gee, thanks Brooks!” print they keep talking about giving away. We’ve got a poster-size framed signed print on the wall that we inherited from weams’ dad. It’s kinda annoying that suddenly thousands will have the same thing. I wonder what the size is of the one they’re giving away? 

DC1B4ACB-9D2E-458C-9ECD-A0BAC76FAC6F.jpeg

True, but theirs won't be signed in pen by Brooks like yours. I'm actually glad more people will be exposed to Brooks. Half the people there likely were not even born when he was active. 

When Boy's Life had Brooks on the cover in '71 or so, an ad with this poster was also in it. I tore it out and had it on my wall for most of the '70s. And true to form, their ad campaign worked. I was a Rawlings user the rest of my baseball career. I even bought the same model JJ Hardy used a few years ago just to take ground balls and play catch with. I treasure gloves (I used to collect them) the way I am about guitars now. 

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1