Ryan Klimek - One of the men behind the O's pitching improvement

wildcard

Big Data in the house to make sure every catcher knows every batter like Dottie Hinson knew her sister.

Adley doesn't even have to keep it in his head, there's an app and an administrative assistant for that.    Does he still have to push the buttons on the pitch signaler himself, or does Ryan Klimek get to NFL coordinator style wire them into his helmet?

The 2021 Giants were a standout marvel and it didn't stick, but I think some this decade the Clubs with the better Ryan Klimeks, it'll be more important than who your back of staff pitchers are.     The public could use Cot's for those guys, though I think the Friedmans, Neanders and Eliases of the world want to keep that on the down low as much as they can.

Edited by Just Regular

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Once again, this time from what you posted.

Duquette believes that working on the development of that pitch will hinder Bundy’s growth on other pitches.

“First of all, the cut fastball, we don’t like it as a pitch, OK?,” Duquette told MASNSports.com’s Steve Melewski.  “And we don’t like it for young pitchers because it takes away from the development of their curveball, which is a better pitch long-term and also, the velocity of their fastball. So we encourage development of an overhand breaking ball that has depth along with command of their fastball and, of course, velocity and movement will get the hitter out.”

He's talking about Bundy developing other pitches in the minors.

From his ML pitching debut (9/23, so after the article you posted)

Added Valencia: "[The slider] was pretty sharp. It was tough to see out there, obviously, with the shadows. Not to take away anything from him at all. He's got good stuff, and that's why he is here."

Guess what pitch that was?

His Brooks page doesn't mention a cutter.

https://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=605164&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=09/16/2022&s_type=2

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice to see they are doing this.

So I'm guessing that having a veteran catcher, you know one that knows the hitters, isn't that important after-all?

Shocked, I'm shocked.

Or it all adds up. I would think that, regardless of degree of veteranosity, some catchers can absorb and implement the information and strategy better than others.