The Games That Will Sting the Most

Bahama O's Fan

Yeah, it's hard for me to complain about a handful of winnable games in a season full of surprises. I never thought they would be a playoff team even when they were tied, or maybe ahead in a WC position earlier.

There's a lot to look forward to for 2023... there's also a lot of work to do this off season. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

The 3rd game with Houston.   Was it Santander with the 2-run homer in the top of the 9th.   A 2-run lead with Bautista coming back out for the 9th.   He's human but that was a real momentum breaker.   We were one strike away (1-2) count from closing that one out.

This one is a the top of the list for me as well. We had just won two straight against Houston and 3 straight over all while Seattle was starting to falter. Back and forth game, but that 2 run homer by Tony seemed to have put us over the top. And to lose that game in that fashion seemed to have been the start of the recent struggles which ended the playoff hopes. 

Edited by terpoh

This is a good thread and i enjoyed reading every ones comments.  For me, I didn't mind the trades if we got back talent that can help us in our journey to compete for the next 5-8 years.  I believe Trey is hitting below .200 since the trade and Lopez hasn't been lights out like he was for us before the deadline.  

Losing 6-8 to Boston has hurt as well as the final 2 they lost to Houston.  Losing 5 games to Detroit 2 games to the Reds and the Sunday loss to the Pirates stand out to me as games that stand out to me.  Toronto is better then us offensively and their pitching staff.  We simply do not have a Gausman or a Manoah at the top of our rotation right now that can be a stopper.  We need 2 starters for next and 2 bats.  

Losing 1-0 to the astros was a killer.  We had so many chances that we flubbed.  I remember Late in the game down one run, we had no outs and men on first and second, McKenna at the plate to bunt them over, and he bunts a high pitch for An easy pop up.  I wanted to jump into the tv screen and scream at him right then and there.  Almost as bad as Smelly one’s posing after he thought he hit a homer and only got a single out of it, losing our Chance to tie the game after stowers then got a single .

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

If the Orioles go on to be contenders next year and beyond, all of this will be forgotten and forgiven. If not, Elias has something to explain.

He has nothing to explain at all because he has already given a clear explanation of the trades. Whether you agree with his thinking or not, he has fully explained himself. 

53 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

He has nothing to explain at all because he has already given a clear explanation of the trades. Whether you agree with his thinking or not, he has fully explained himself. 

Yes, he will have to explain why he made those moves to get Phillips and Andujar that were as bad as you could possibly do.

26 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Yes, he will have to explain why he made those moves to get Phillips and Andujar that were as bad as you could possibly do.

Jesus! Aguilar, that is.

I don't think those two acquisitions--one of which he very quickly erased--are among, say, even the top ten reasons for why the team had a horrible September. I wd say that no particular performance by Phillips or Aguilar is in the top 100 of the Orioles' Bad Game-Losing Plays of 2022.

Edited by LA2