The MLB Playoffs General Game Thread

Moose Milligan

19 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I thought Profar checked his swing and it should have been runners on first and second with no outs in the ninth inning for the Padres. Totally changes the dimensions of the inning if that happens. Needs to be a replay reviewable call IMO. 

Check swings are such a frustrating part of the game. I almost feel like while MLB is in the rule change mood, just call any check swing a strike and be done with it. OR make a check swing a half-strike in an at-bat. Two of them by the same batter in an at-bat is a whole strike charged. Yes, sounds like sandlot, but that's where we are anyway with ghost runners, etc. 

7 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Just tuning in and it's the first thing I saw. That smirk he gave his dugout shows he knows he got away with it, too. 

The R/baseball thread is all in on how the Ump is favoring the Yankees.

I figure we are two questionable calls away from someone suggesting the Comish told them the series can't end in four.

6 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Just tuning in and it's the first thing I saw. That smirk he gave his dugout shows he knows he got away with it, too. 

I know HBP's are negated by swinging strikes, but am unsure if an HBP could be negated by a called strike.

Bader basically fully conceded he cannot hit Cristian Javier.    Anything to disrupt him the way he's locked in.

14 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I know HBP's are negated by swinging strikes, but am unsure if an HBP could be negated by a called strike.

Bader basically fully conceded he cannot hit Cristian Javier.    Anything to disrupt him the way he's locked in.

I think what he was doing was distorting the strike zone by making an inside strike look like it was *way* inside. I remember Jeter used to hang over the plate, too. Him bending over at the waist like one of those birds drinking water gizmos is one of my lasting images of him. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZawI5dlNXSq0xEaLbK_m

Edited by NashLumber
smaller image
  • Upvote 1