The MLB Playoffs General Game Thread

Moose Milligan

Booth just had the story Luis Severino was frustrated when the Yankees put him on the 60-day DL right at the Trade Deadline, in part to help with roster space for the Frankie Montas acquisition.

They told him they needed him in October, and here he is looking good.

A tradeoff of admitting more teams is more of the 162 as extended spring training.

5 hours ago, O's84 said:

I love how calmly Tucker caught the Judge fly ball at the wall. Like "Don't worry guys, I got this."

Bader was on base and he had to get the ball back into the infield--no time to thump his chest or high-five a fellow outfielder. (Don't know how he acted after throwing it back in though.)

On 10/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, waroriole said:

So I’m completely over my Astros hate. Last year I actually found myself rooting for Boston. This year, there’s no question. F the Yankees 

Has been nice to see the Yankees strike out 30 times while putting up only 9 hits and 4 walks In the two games so far. Matt Carpenter K-ing 4 times in 4 ABs was a nice response to the talk shows here incessantly insisting that putting him in the lineup would solve the Y's offensive problems.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 2

Celebration injuries seem to be a thing this offseason.

Dave Robertson, part time Philly closer, was not on their roster for the division series because he strained his calf jumping up to celebrate a Bryce Harper HR in the wild card series.

Now Lance McCullers is being pushed from Saturday to Sunday in the LCS because he has a cut on his elbow from getting hit by a thrown champagne bottle in the celebraiton of the Astros' division series win over Seattle last Saturday.   Cristian Javier will start tomorrow instead.

10 hours ago, LA2 said:

Bader was on base and he had to get the ball back into the infield--no time to thump his chest or high-five a fellow outfielder. (Don't know how he acted after throwing it back in though.)

It was the way he did it.  He knew the whole way it was staying in and calmly tracked it down.  I doubt many RF's could have done it that way.

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I thought Profar checked his swing and it should have been runners on first and second with no outs in the ninth inning for the Padres. Totally changes the dimensions of the inning if that happens. Needs to be a replay reviewable call IMO. 

I think that even on a replay it was a borderline call. Regardless, immature for Profar to get himself thrown out of the game over it. The Padres still had a chance to tie the score (or more) and he's key to their defense.