Ever see someone get credited for a home run after striking out?

Objectivity

Totally bizarre! Would love to hear the English translation of the announcers, and the umps explanation. I assume that because the ball hit the ground on the K, the catcher had to tag the batter or throw to 1B.

Also, I'd love to see a ML ump run around the field like the Japanese ump....and not have a heart attack...:P

Totally bizarre! Would love to hear the English translation of the announcers, and the umps explanation. I assume that because the ball hit the ground on the K, the catcher had to tag the batter or throw to 1B.

Also, I'd love to see a ML ump run around the field like the Japanese ump....and not have a heart attack...:P

I'd like to see a ML team all gather in a circle near the dugout around the manager to here the explanation! ;)

I'm not sure what it should have been. I'm not clear why the play isn't over once the umpire calls the batter out. He shouldn't of been called out until he was tagged but it looks to me like he was clearly called out.

Apparently, the ump wasn't calling him out but checking with the 1B umpire to see if it was strike or not.

And I'd like to see a ML ump grab a microphone and explain the decision to the crowd like the Japanese ump did.

In one of the replays (at the 4:28 mark) it looks like there might have been a runner on first that went to second (#12 with a helmet). Wouldn't a runner on first made the batter automatically out?

Also, did #12 score? Because they only gave them 1 run from the looks of it. Did #12 go out of the baseline - that would have been an out and negated the run also?

Would love to see some other angles.

Still that would be a good teaching video for youngsters - never give up on a play.

In one of the replays (at the 4:28 mark) it looks like there might have been a runner on first that went to second (#12 with a helmet). Wouldn't a runner on first made the batter automatically out?

Also, did #12 score? Because they only gave them 1 run from the looks of it. Did #12 go out of the baseline - that would have been an out and negated the run also?

Would love to see some other angles.

Still that would be a good teaching video for youngsters - never give up on a play.

The runner on first thing only applies with less than two outs.

Archived