What is your grade for Elias after his 4th year?

emmett16

Based on reading everyone else’s grades would Theo get a historical grade of an A for what he did in Boston and Chicago??  Honest question. 

Compare what Theo did vs Andrew Friedman did for Tampa.  Meaning Friedman didn’t have the same resources that Theo had and yet built a team that almost won a WS.  

Both of those examples would be an A+ for me even though one didn’t win a WS.  

A solid A- for me and I agree I want them signed for 3+ more years.  All of the issues he had to navigate around outside of the players makes it hard to give him anything below a B+.   The Orioles were the definition of a dumpster fire when he took over. The only thing we had was a great ballpark.  Now we have in place the foundation that will hopefully replicate the mid 60’s to the early 80’s.  

If we develop talent next year and add a few pieces because they are the right pieces and win 85 games next year and set up to win 90 in 2024, that will get me to an A grade. A+ will be a sub 22 year old international stud taking us to the ALCS in 2025.  

Edited by csgordos
Missed a word

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

But again, when you sit three years in a row with the #1 waiver claim, they sure better find some players. 

I could list all the waiver failures too, but you know them. Basically they yank pretty much everyone worth anything off waivers and then try and slip through the ones that don't work out. 

Sure, they've found some good role players and had some success on waiver claims, but I think they are little above average (C+) overall considering their place in the waiver queue for three years.

Who did they miss on? What team has done better lower in the order?

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Who did they miss on? What team has done better lower in the order?

Feel free to answer your own question. I'm not here to do your work.

I put about two minutes of thought into this. Don't like my grade, give it your own grade.