Eovaldi vs Bassitt

Sports Guy

Even when we do not really expect moves. Watching players that could help the O’s leave the board always hurts. 

I would have done the Bassitt deal and probably Verlander. Most of the deals though are pretty easy to dismiss on their own merits. 

I think the time to judge Elias based on ML performance is firmly arrived regardless of how surprising last year was to many. 

At the same time, we really cannot assess the off season until it’s done.  The grade is, without question, unimpressive so far. But it’s an incomplete.  There is clearly work to be done. 

I’m open to assessing the off-season when the off-season is done. 

2 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Since Eovaldi is one of the biggest "names" left unsigned, let me just say that I don't see the appeal.  He is not durable, his performance record is mixed, he wants a long-term contract and he costs a draft pick.  Other than that, he's perfect.  

Don’t worry, when he signs elsewhere it’ll be because the market is crazy and it was smart of the O’s to pass on him.