MLB Execs: Gunnar is the favorite for Rookie of the Year

Frobby

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I pretty much always stay up if I’m watching and the O’s have the lead.  I enjoy watching wins.   Of course, blown saves are THE WORST.  So 2016 was pretty sweet, no doubt.  

A lot of come back wins last year.   Maybe after you went to sleep.

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Very exaggerated by our announcing crew.  The O’s had 36 comeback wins last year; major league average was 33.  They won 4 games when trailing in the 9th; major league average was 3.   So yeah, we were a little better than average, but nothing exceptional.  

36 minutes ago, wildcard said:

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Very exaggerated by our announcing crew.  The O’s had 36 comeback wins last year; major league average was 33.  They won 4 games when trailing in the 9th; major league average was 3.   So yeah, we were a little better than average, but nothing exceptional.  

The comebacks probably stand out more when you don't expect the team to win much to begin with. I bet the Dodgers always near the top of comeback wins, not because they're uniquely good at comebacks, they're just so good at winning. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK.

I would stay up if the Os had the lead to watch him pitch.

To me he was must see.

I can get behind Britton as must see. 

I always frame closers with Randy Myers in mind.  I vividly remember itching to go to bed and suffering through walks, circling the mound, trips to the rosin bag, a bunch of foul balls...  Britton was Mr. Efficient compared to the human rain-delay.  

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

The comebacks probably stand out more when you don't expect the team to win much to begin with. I bet the Dodgers always near the top of comeback wins, not because they're uniquely good at comebacks, they're just so good at winning. 

Exactly.  48 comeback wins for them last year.

11 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Only see one place where it is available but Gunnar is the favorite to win AL ROY at +350. GRod is +1000. Royce Lewis is 2nd, H Brown 3rd,  Casas, Volpe 4th, Grod is tied with O’Hoppe and Yoshida. 

Adley is 10th for MVP at +2500. Gunnar is +10,000. 

I hadn't really thought of the mid-career NPB All-Star, but yeah that's another challenger.      

In the Announce Presence with Authority category, the weeklong roadtrip before the OPACY Opener, Gunnar will go head to head with Yoshida and Casas in Boston, and Josh Jung in Texas.