MLBN Radio on Orioles

eddie83

11 minutes ago, oriole said:

Maybe the O’s don’t want him that much? If there are potential deals out there in the trade market that are better options than Wacha then Elias would be wise not to waste a rotation spot on Wacha. 

On the other hand, if trade options aren't much better than Wacha, like someone in the Adrian Houser tier, I'd rather not see them part with anyone and just bring in Wacha for a year.

24 minutes ago, oriole said:

Maybe the O’s don’t want him that much? If there are potential deals out there in the trade market that are better options than Wacha then Elias would be wise not to waste a rotation spot on Wacha. 

I don’t think the O’s want him “that much”, and that would be at his price point. Wacha is looking to cash in, but if he’s only going to sign a 1 yr deal, it’s looking like it he’d be just as well off waiting for an injury in ST. 

19 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

On the other hand, if trade options aren't much better than Wacha, like someone in the Adrian Houser tier, I'd rather not see them part with anyone and just bring in Wacha for a year.

Overall I agree with this sentiment. But just to counter argue a bit…Houser is only due $3.6m this year with one year left of arbitration and would cost extremely minimal in terms of a trade. But I wouldn’t be excited whatsoever if Houser was the guy. I think I’d prefer to see Wells and Voth fight it out for the last spot. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think the O’s want him “that much”, and that would be at his price point. Wacha is looking to cash in, but if he’s only going to sign a 1 yr deal, it’s looking like it he’d be just as well off waiting for an injury in ST. 

Very true! I would not be particularly upset if Wacha did not want to sign here. I’d rather lose out on him than sign him for more than one year tbh 

27 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah, to the extent that for any veteran FA, a basic question is do they want to sell "a little" or "a lot" of their years.    Wacha coming off a low 3.00's ERA probably wants to sell a lot, which would put him at odds with Elias.

If you feel even one of Voth or Wells can hold a SP job, and you want to see Grayson pitch, an Orioles fan might not even ought to be hoping for Wacha at this point.     And that's before if you are hoping to see DL Hall do the Keegan Akin role or more as 2023 opens.