Orioles will have 3 games on Peacock this year

Going Underground

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You must have a different relationship with your kids than I do.  My relationship involves them leaching off me, not the other way around!  I get Prime, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney Plus (thank you, MLBAM!) and Hulu.   Considering I never had HBO cable, I’ve got enough retroactive streaming contact to last me a couple of decades.  

Haha, never said they weren't leaching. Son (turns 32 this month) just moved out a month ago, fingers crossed. Daughter (32) still in grad school for more 1.5 years. I signed up for the LOONG haul years ago lol. They think of it as a B-day present.

Just now, forphase1 said:

Define 'younger' I guess.  I've ditched cable too and have a combination of streaming services.  The problem is, I don't have them ALL, peacock being one of them, and even then with a streaming service 99% of the time you know what you are looking for,  you don't just click through channels (I know that's not how it works, but the idea is the same) and stumble across something like the Os playing.  So the added exposure really doesn't seem to happen with streaming like it can/does with more traditional TV services.  Kids hear about other shows through social media, and then look for them....usually don't just open streaming service X and see what's currently playing.  I doubt many new fans are exposed to the MLB from something like this.  Certainly not enough to offset the annoyance of the rest of us who buy MLB.tv, then have games like this we can't watch on the streaming service we signed up to use.  Dumb.  

Oops.  Well, so much for my theory.

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Define 'younger' I guess.  I've ditched cable too and have a combination of streaming services.  The problem is, I don't have them ALL, peacock being one of them, and even then with a streaming service 99% of the time you know what you are looking for,  you don't just click through channels (I know that's not how it works, but the idea is the same) and stumble across something like the Os playing.  So the added exposure really doesn't seem to happen with streaming like it can/does with more traditional TV services.  Kids hear about other shows through social media, and then look for them....usually don't just open streaming service X and see what's currently playing.  I doubt many new fans are exposed to the MLB from something like this.  Certainly not enough to offset the annoyance of the rest of us who buy MLB.tv, then have games like this we can't watch on the streaming service we signed up to use.  Dumb.  

Well, they are spreading it around some.   Peacock and Apple so far, plus they have aired games on youtube (not youtubeTV, but youtube itself).   So the effort is there.

I know I have Amazon Prime and when I bring it up on my TV it often shows me new series or movies that I hadn't heard about, and I have sometimes watched them.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Younger folk who's ditched traditional cable right here.  I get MASN because I made sure that the streaming service I selected to get basic channels had MASN.  And I have Netflix, HBO Max, and Prime and Apple TV.

I

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You're over 40 and labeling yourself "younger folk".  Nice try middle aged man.

Come on now, you know he's got files on all of us.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, they are spreading it around some.   Peacock and Apple so far, plus they have aired games on youtube (not youtubeTV, but youtube itself).   So the effort is there.

I know I have Amazon Prime and when I bring it up on my TV it often shows me new series or movies that I hadn't heard about, and I have sometimes watched them.

I never claimed the effort wasn't there.  I'm just questioning the effectiveness of said effort, and if it's worth the annoyance for the rest of us who then have to search for and/or subscribe to a new service just to see a game we were expecting to have already paid for via MLB.TV or whatever.  I have NO problem with them streaming to other services, provided they don't prevent it from ALSO being on MLB.TV or MASN, if that's the case.  But to force everyone to a single new, different, streaming site is just not a good idea IMO.  

• Upvote 1