Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band coming to Camden Yards

accinfo

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's alright, voice is kind of whiny.  But I'm pretty sure all of these guys, including Bruce, fall under the broad singer/songwriter umbrella.  

Yeah, Zach is really talented.  I'd heard him before but not much.  Checking him out again now.  For those of us on this site who like to talk music maybe we should start a thread in one of the other boards that's not O's specific.  

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

Yeah, Zach is really talented.  I'd heard him before but not much.  Checking him out again now.  For those of us on this site who like to talk music maybe we should start a thread in one of the other boards that's not O's specific.  

I don’t like talking music on here because that means I have to pay attention to @Can_of_corn

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Well that ruined my weekend.  Get well soon Bruce!!   See you next year at Camden.  

That's a bummer.  Even though I could never stand "Born in the USA" nor most of his stuff since the 90s I'm a big fan of his early albums from the 70s and into the early 80s -- Greetings from Asbury Park all the way to Nebraska. 

I don't understand why people make fun of old rock stars still performing.  Does anyone make fun of Willie Nelson still performing -- or Tony Bennett before he died?  Like these rockers are supposed to move to Florida and take up golf and pickleball?  They'll all be dead and gone sooner than you know it, and we will miss them.  Who knows if Jimmy Buffett's fan base will ever get over him passing away.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Saw Springsteen for the first time in 1981. 

Saw him play at a NJ club half a dozen times in the '80s. Sometimes I was so close I had to lean back not to get hit by his guitar. 

Met my wife at a show in NJ during the '99 - '00 Reunion tour. 

I saw my 100th Bruce show on the same tour. 

I requested "Lion's Den" at Penn State early in 2000, and he opened the show with it. 

I requested "The Promise" at Madison Square Garden on the penultimate show of that tour, and he played it by himself on the piano for the first encore.

(He was big on requests back then. Not so much these days). 

Got married in Australia on a day sandwiched between shows in Sydney and Brisbane. Bruce sent us a nice card for the occasion. 

The night our son was born he was playing solo in Columbus, OH and dedicated "Valentine's Day" to my wife. 

After kids come along they become the priority. We'd see one or two shows a tour rather than twenty or thirty. 

Saw him at CFG in April, same day we opened against the Yankees. Still a good show after all these years. Hard to believe he can still rock a place at his age. 

Won't see him at Camden Yards (or any stadium). Too expensive. Too far away from the stage. 

The Orioles and Bruce have been my touchstones for most of my life. 

Hope he gets better soon. 

Wow, that’s a serious fan.  

6 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Saw Springsteen for the first time in 1981. 

Saw him play at a NJ club half a dozen times in the '80s. Sometimes I was so close I had to lean back not to get hit by his guitar. 

Met my wife at a show in NJ during the '99 - '00 Reunion tour. 

I saw my 100th Bruce show on the same tour. 

I requested "Lion's Den" at Penn State early in 2000, and he opened the show with it. 

I requested "The Promise" at Madison Square Garden on the penultimate show of that tour, and he played it by himself on the piano for the first encore.

(He was big on requests back then. Not so much these days). 

Got married in Australia on a day sandwiched between shows in Sydney and Brisbane. Bruce sent us a nice card for the occasion. 

The night our son was born he was playing solo in Columbus, OH and dedicated "Valentine's Day" to my wife. 

After kids come along they become the priority. We'd see one or two shows a tour rather than twenty or thirty. 

Saw him at CFG in April, same day we opened against the Yankees. Still a good show after all these years. Hard to believe he can still rock a place at his age. 

Won't see him at Camden Yards (or any stadium). Too expensive. Too far away from the stage. 

The Orioles and Bruce have been my touchstones for most of my life. 

Hope he gets better soon. 

I was at that Penn State show when he opened with Lion’s Den.  Saw they CFG show.  That was number 58 for me.  The man still does 3 hour balls to the wall energetic shows.  He will be back next year to do this one.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Make up date is 9-13-2024.

They rescheduled all the Sept-December postponements in the US and the one at Oriole Park is the last reschedule date.   So it could very well be the last performance ever of Bruce and the E Street Band.    Typically they take 2 or 3 years off between tours, and given all the health issues this time around, they will likely be too old to do this again.

There are some Canada dates that still need to be rescheduled but I think those will be earlier.