36 pitchers are due to report to O's ST today

wildcard

11 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Not that it matters, but I thought the report date was tomorrow, not today. 

By Roch Kubatko

Orioles

February 15, 2023, 4:00am 

Report day has arrived for Orioles pitchers and catchers. 

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/a-few-thoughts-as-orioles-welcome-pitchers-and-catchers-into-camp

Edited by wildcard

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wildcard I believe the WBC participants report to their major league teams and train with them initially.  They only form the WBC teams about 5 days before the WBC games start.

From USA Today:

Camps for the the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues start welcoming players in the first weeks of February – but this year is a bit different with the World Baseball Classic scheduled to take place in March during the spring training schedule.

Pitchers and catchers participating in the tournament will report to their respective camps by Feb. 13 and position players by Feb. 16. The first round of the WBC begins on March 8, with the championship game on March 21 in Miami.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2023/01/12/2023-mlb-spring-training-pitcher-catcher-report-dates-every-team/11040189002/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Sounds like a great way to start ST!  With caddy Adley.

I was surprised to read that John Means has been playing golf.  I’d think while he’s rehabbing the elbow they wouldn’t want him doing anything extraneous that could put stress on it.