2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I would tend to think it won’t matter as well.

Perhaps with the glove but probably different arm mechanics, strength, and clock vs SS. 

I really don't understand Hyde's logic here, Gunnar just starts heating up offensively and he gets the day off to play a Rookie with limited experience o the road, hostile ballpark, hated Division rival. I really don't believe the Sig-bot spit out that assignment. I have Hyde heartburn.

12 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Perhaps with the glove but probably different arm mechanics, strength, and clock vs SS. 

I really don't understand Hyde's logic here, Gunnar just starts heating up offensively and he gets the day off to play a Rookie with limited experience o the road, hostile ballpark, hated Division rival. I really don't believe the Sig-bot spit out that assignment. I have Hyde heartburn.

Henderson has been up 39 times against LHP with 4 singles.  I have no problem getting Ortiz some ABs at his expense.   Would love to see Ortiz getting all starts against LHP in place of either Frazier or Henderson and a couple starts per week at SS while Mateo sleepwalks through May.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Henderson has been up 39 times against LHP with 4 singles.  I have no problem getting Ortiz some ABs at his expense.   Would love to see Ortiz getting all starts against LHP in place of either Frazier or Henderson and a couple starts per week at SS while Mateo sleepwalks through May.

Agree with Ortiz getting regular ABs at SS and 2B, just question the inexperience at 3B but the Lefty matchup changes that somewhat.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate this. Henderson is heating up and he’s out. I don’t care if Jesus Christ himself is on the mound. This is dumb. 

4 singles in 39 PA against LHP.  Give me a break!

Jesus Christ was RH.

Edited by RZNJ

I'm okay with Gunnar resting this time. If Ortiz is here, he has to play too. But if this becomes a regular thing or if they decide (even worse) to platoon Gunnar and Joey Ortiz, that IMO will not be the best way to manage Gunnar. I don't believe that you get the most out of the value of top prospects by platooning them. They need consistent reps at this level to gain the experience necessary to succeed. 

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If Gunnar is going to be a superstar, he’s gonna have to hit lefties, too. 

No doubt..he has gotten his chances and will continue to get them. But right now he isn’t a guy who should play 155+ games. Sitting vs the occasional lefty is ok.

I don’t think this should become a trend though. Just on occasion. Something like every 4-5 starts by a lefty, he can miss a game…at least while he is struggling.

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No doubt..he has gotten his chances and will continue to get them. But right now he isn’t a guy who should play 155+ games. Sitting vs the occasional lefty is ok.

I don’t think this should become a trend though. Just on occasion. Something like every 4-5 starts by a lefty, he can miss a game…at least while he is struggling.

They’re throwing Kikuchi tonight, right? That guy is softer than puppy **** and we tagged him last year. 

If it were some dominant lefty, I’d understand. But we’ll see. 

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They’re throwing Kikuchi tonight, right? That guy is softer than puppy **** and we tagged him last year. 

If it were some dominant lefty, I’d understand. But we’ll see. 

Would you like a list of all of the softer than puppy**** lefties Gunnar hasn’t hit so far this year.  It’s no big deal that he’s sitting tonight.

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

If we are any good tonight, Kikuchi will be out halfway through and Gunnar will enter.