Baltimore/Orioles related shows or Podcasts?

CaptDbog

Hi All, I am new to the board but a life long Baltimore sports fan, born and raised on the eastside of Baltimore County (Dundalk). What Orioles related Podcasts are available?  I have followed Locked on Orioles (YouTube), 105.7 The Fan, and Bobby Trosett (spelling?).  Are there any other related media out there?  I used to listen to WNST back in the day but that seems dead, and guy on there is so negative. Last year was incredible and I hope to get my daily O's fix for the new season. 

1 hour ago, CaptDbog said:

Thank you! I will give them a listen. 

I was going to say On the Verge too. Its one of the more in-depth O's related podcast you'll find. 

I like Locked on Orioles. Thats a pretty good one as well. They have about 50 mins of content just in the last two days, so they'll update pretty often.

34 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I like Locked on Orioles. Thats a pretty good one as well. They have about 50 mins of content just in the last two days, so they'll update pretty often.

Connor does a good job with the daily format, it can be tough to come up with topics to discuss every day.  But some episodes, especially in the dog days of summer, are pretty much recaps of the games.

I really like the crossover episodes where he has the host of other Locked On podcasts on (each team has their own podcast).  They always give great insight from an outsiders non-orange colored glasses.

On The Verge is not bad. The Warehouse is one I prefer overall, though I do wish they would do a bit more episodes.

Also for news in general and I usually don't like SB Nation pages, I think Camden Chat does a nice job for news and such.

Or maybe we can just start our own BH podcast?

I have hosting experience haha...👀

15 hours ago, yark14 said:

Connor does a good job with the daily format, it can be tough to come up with topics to discuss every day.  But some episodes, especially in the dog days of summer, are pretty much recaps of the games.

I really like the crossover episodes where he has the host of other Locked On podcasts on (each team has their own podcast).  They always give great insight from an outsiders non-orange colored glasses.

The episodes during the season are really good.  Sometimes, I can't watch the whole game so his breakdowns are great to listen. 

On the verge is the best I’ve heard. If there’s a negative about those guys, it’s that they are too positive. They tend to focus on what guys can do, or could do, without discussing much their deficiencies.

I personally don’t mind that because I understand that it’s happening, but also because I believe in Orioles player development like I never have before. So more of those mid to high case projections will come true. Obviously many will not.

I listen to On the Verge regularly.  The three hosts definitely have orange-colored glasses and you wouldn’t call any of them scouts.   But, they do follow the minor leaguers very closely and they frequently get good guests to come on their podcast and ask them questions that are more detailed than you’d get if, say, Paul Moncado or some radio host were conducting the same interview.   So, they’re worth a listen if you’re interested in the minor leagues and our player development system, just so long as you understand that they are unabashed homers who rarely say anything critical.  

• Upvote 1

I listen to Locked on Orioles daily during my commute.  The Verge is great as well - with the amount of talent in the O's system and these podcasts, I've never felt more informed.  Apple Carplay is really nice when it comes to listening during commutes, I have to say.

The MASN All Access podcast is solid as well.

• Upvote 2