2023 Joey Krehbiel

DirtyBird

Gave the team 4 good months last year.  But either he tired or the league figured him out the last two months of 2022.   Has been terrible this spring.     I would send him to the minor league camp as soon as it opens and let him work it out.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Gave the team 4 good months last year.  But either he tired or the league figured him out the last two months of 2022.   Has been terrible this spring.     I would send him to the minor league camp as soon as it opens and let him work it out.

As an incumbent from last year’s team, they’re not going to pull the plug on him that quickly.   However, if he’s still struggling after two weeks worth of games, he easily might be sent down then.  

If he looks this bad after a couple more outings, we may see him sent out. Right now, it doesn't hurt anything to keep him here. There are still plenty of innings to go around, but midway through camp, the innings start to go away as starters get stretched out and relievers start getting more regular work. Even with Kremer gone for a bit, we're stretching out enough starter candidates that the innings will start to get tough to find. 

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As an incumbent from last year’s team, they’re not going to pull the plug on him that quickly.   However, if he’s still struggling after two weeks worth of games, he easily might be sent down then.  

Who said pull the plug?  I say send him to minor league camp to work it out vs lesser competition.   If he finds it bring him back.   I didn't say DFA him.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Who said pull the plug?  I say send him to minor league camp to work it out vs lesser competition.   If he finds it bring him back.   I didn't say DFA him.

It’s spring training. He doesn’t need to face minor league hitters. He is already facing some of them. 

He can work on stuff at Norfolk once games start. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

For this purpose, I equate sending him to MiL camp with “pulling the plug.”   He’s not going to be sent to minor league camp this early.  Now, could he pitch in a minor league game?   Sure.  Major leaguers pitch in minor league spring training games all the time, just like guys in minor league camp often play in big league ST games.  We’ll see if they do that.

32 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

So Bautista might not be ready. Tate is out for god knows how long. Krehbiel is getting shelled. Baker hasn't looked good.

I sure hope this early spring training turns around for our bullpen.

Regression in the bullpen is at or near the top of my list of concerns for 2023.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, deward said:

Regression in the bullpen is at or near the top of my list of concerns for 2023.

The addition of Voth, Wells, and possibly Hall would hopefully help keep the bullpen where it was last year.  Bautista is key, though.