Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

6 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Do we know that they haven't tried to extend him?

Do we know they didn't try to sign Aaron Judge last offseason?

I've not heard a hint of a whisper from anywhere about them trying to sign anyone long term for years.  Sure it's theoretically possible. 

They aren't going to go out and say to the public that they aren't going to even make an attempt.

What difference does it make if they do try if in the end they fail?  How is that better?

Did you feel better when you found out they tried to sign Machado long term and wouldn't pony up enough to make it happen?

Other teams, even teams with a similar market size, are making it happen.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've not heard a hint of a whisper from anywhere about them trying to sign anyone long term for years.  Sure it's theoretically possible. 

They aren't going to go out and say to the public that they aren't going to even make an attempt.

What difference does it make if they do try if in the end they fail?  How is that better?

Did you feel better when you found out they tried to sign Machado long term and wouldn't pony up enough to make it happen?

My point is, and I think you get it because you're a smart fella, they could be trying to sign him and he doesn't want what they're offereing.

There are a lot of folks on here that talk about Angelos not spending money when they don't really know what he's willing to do. Maybe Elias is saving the money for the right deal and Angelos doesn't have anything to do with it.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

My point is, and I think you get it because you're a smart fella, they could be trying to sign him and he doesn't want what they're offereing.

There are a lot of folks on here that talk about Angelos not spending money when they don't really know what he's willing to do. Maybe Elias is saving the money for the right deal and Angelos doesn't have anything to do with it.

Yes, I said it was theoretically possible.

Based on what we actually know, what do you think the odds are?

It sounded to me that ownership was trying to sell not signing guys long term.

On one hand we have numerous teams, of a similar size market, signing players long term and on the other we have an owner talking about how difficult it would be to do. 

If you'd like to get them the benefit of the doubt, go right ahead, but you shouldn't expect the rest of us to follow suit.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, I said it was theoretically possible.

Based on what we actually know, what do you think the odds are?

It sounded to me that ownership was trying to sell not signing guys long term.

On one hand we have numerous teams, of a similar size market, signing players long term and on the other we have an owner talking about how difficult it would be to do. 

If you'd like to get them the benefit of the doubt, go right ahead, but you shouldn't expect the rest of us to follow suit.

Wait, you don't believe the Orioles ownership will invest money in the team?????!!!!!  Even if it is really hard?  I mean they said they would. ;) 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember rolling up to yard the day they announced Jones extensions. One of best days in my 42 year Os fandom.  How sad is that?  Well, maybe the Delmon Young hit and the Cal jog. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Per Eve Rosenbaum, they have people in the front office analyzing possible extensions on a continuous basis and they have discussions with agents all the time to feel out what they’re looking for.  So, I think they’d like to do some.  Whether their idea of the extension terms they’d do are realistic, I don’t know.  

Edited by Frobby

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They keep saying they aren't trying to sell the team.

And oddly enough I believe him.

I own a business right now that I am in negotiations to sell while I am telling the current employees who are hearing rumors, “I am not actively trying to sell the business.”  It is semantics, but I am being honest with my verbiage. 

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Wait, you don't believe the Orioles ownership will invest money in the team?????!!!!!  Even if it is really hard?  I mean they said they would. ;) 

John Angelos will be revealing more about the team's finances. I think that's scheduled for next week.

By the way, it took me a while, but I think I've figured out what John Angelos means when he talks about transparency: it's not too hard to see right through him.

• Haha 1