Jorge Mateo 2023

Frobby

I wanted him traded over the offseason as I felt his bat simply wasn't good enough to hold onto a starting job, and felt we could possibly sell high on him.  But so far he is proving me wrong, though of course it's a very SSS and he had an incredibly hot streak last year too and the couldn't sustain.  Way too early for me to change my mind yet, but the early results are very promising.  

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

I wanted him traded over the offseason as I felt his bat simply wasn't good enough to hold onto a starting job, and felt we could possibly sell high on him.  But so far he is proving me wrong, though of course it's a very SSS and he had an incredibly hot streak last year too and the couldn't sustain.  Way too early for me to change my mind yet, but the early results are very promising.  

Hopefully this is the season he puts it all together. 

46 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Even made a loud out on a line drive to right field. Couldn't ask for a better start for Jorge. 

Actually, that one was just as important as the homer.  As long as we keep seeing that we may be lucky enough to see the good version of Jorge Mateo.

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not many teams have the luxury of having a player with his tools batting 9th. It’s just a matter of how much can he make those tools playable. 

One of the multiple free players that Elias grabbed. The organization is getting a lot of mileage from released players, former rule five players, etc.