I’m sure of this… Swept by the Yankees

sportsfan8703

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I thought @Frobbywould look like a more handsome Robert DeNiro and he didn't disappoint when I met him in person.  

Haha, I’m pretty sure DeNiro would beg to differ.   

Funny, for some inexplicable reason I always imagined you’d look like Fred McGriff or Randy Milligan.  I was greatly disappointed!

For some reason, I’ve always envisioned @Sports Guy as looking like a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Roger Daltrey.  😇

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sometimes when I read your guys posts, especially the regulars, I wonder what you all look like and who you are.  Like, I picture @Can_of_cornresembling John Popper from Blues Traveler.  I thought @Frobbywould look like a more handsome Robert DeNiro and he didn't disappoint when I met him in person.  

@sportsfan8703 IMO, is like, a 12 year old kid who hacked the password to the family computer after his parents went to bed and has had too much sugar and caffeine.  

In case you're wondering who I resemble, here's a semi accurate portrayal.

4c0af-the-conqueroer-duillo-scaled-1-e16

(On the right)

I didn't know you were a redhead.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sometimes when I read your guys posts, especially the regulars, I wonder what you all look like and who you are.  Like, I picture @Can_of_cornresembling John Popper from Blues Traveler.  I thought @Frobbywould look like a more handsome Robert DeNiro and he didn't disappoint when I met him in person.  

@sportsfan8703 IMO, is like, a 12 year old kid who hacked the password to the family computer after his parents went to bed and has had too much sugar and caffeine.  

In case you're wondering who I resemble, here's a semi accurate portrayal.

4c0af-the-conqueroer-duillo-scaled-1-e16

(On the right)

I'm not sure what's more concerning - That this was your go-to picture or that no one bats an eye that this was your go-to pic?

• Haha 1

I kind of do hate this matchup even if we miss Cole. The Yankees hit Kremer very well (I think Judge has 3 HR off him alone), Cortes absolutely owns us up, down, and sideways, and by game 3 we'll be hoping to just avoid the sweep. 

This is not my favorite opening schedule. Starting in the cold in Boston and opening at home vs the Yanks. Classic MLB scheduling. Meanwhile the Rays are 6-0 after facing Detroit, Washington, and Oakland. Sure, okay. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I kind of do hate this matchup even if we miss Cole. The Yankees hit Kremer very well (I think Judge has 3 HR off him alone), Cortes absolutely owns us up, down, and sideways, and by game 3 we'll be hoping to just avoid the sweep. 

This is not my favorite opening schedule. Starting in the cold in Boston and opening at home vs the Yanks. Classic MLB scheduling. Meanwhile the Rays are 6-0 after facing Detroit, Washington, and Oakland. Sure, okay. 

So if I understand you correctly, you think that the MLB scheduler is, to borrow a phrase from Earl Weaver, "is here just to **** us?"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So if I understand you correctly, you think that the MLB scheduler is, to borrow a phrase from Earl Weaver, "is here just to **** us?"

Though after this series we play 22 straight games against teams that were .500 or below last year.

Edited by Spy Fox
  • Thanks 1