Sun 4/16 @ White Sox -- Will they play?

Spy Fox

While waiting for the game to start, WBAL radio just played a cool interview with Steve Pearce, from 2020.

Not sure how a guy can be a World Series MVP and be a virtual unknown, but seems like Pearce is that guy.  

It was a good interview, but now they're doing talk radio classic segments.  Nope.  Hope I don't miss the start, if they do come back to play today. 

They'll play this one today, even if the weather surprises and pushes the start out later than expected. 

The O's can't make it up during their trip vs the Cubs in June, as the White Sox will be out of town in Seattle that weekend.  O's have off at the end of that series on Monday June 19th, but the WS do not, and would have to play a multi-team double header vs. the O's and Rangers that day to make it work, which feels logistically impossible. 

And yes, both teams have this Thursday off, but the O's have a mini-series in DC Tuesday/Wednesday and a home stand starting Friday.  They aren't flying back to the region, then back to Chicago for one game, then back to Baltimore, that'd be ridiculous.

Edited by Morgan423
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

They'll play this one today, even if the weather surprises and pushes the start out later than expected. 

The O's can't make it up during their trip vs the Cubs in June, as the White Sox will be out of town in Seattle that weekend.  O's have off at the end of that series on Monday June 19th, but the WS do not, and would have to play a multi-team double header vs. the O's and Rangers that day to make it work, which feels logistically impossible. 

And yes, both teams have this Thursday off, but the O's have a mini-series in DC Tuesday/Wednesday and a home stand starting Friday.  They aren't flying back to the region, then back to Chicago for one game, then back to Baltimore, that'd be ridiculous.

I think they’ll play today but that Thursday scenario doesn’t seem all that outlandish to me. The flight to Chicago isn’t that crazy long, not like it’s on the west coast or something.   Not ideal but no less crazy than flying to Chicago for one game at any other point later this season. 

20 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

A side effect of the more balanced schedule may be a bit more difficulty rescheduling rainouts, since there's a higher number of unique cities visited per team, and lower amount of repeat visits to the same-division cities. 

I was about to post the exact same thing but Spy Fox beat me to it and is 100% correct.  An unintended consequence of the new schedule is that rainouts will be harder to make up.