Monday, May 8: Showdown at the Yard -- Rays come to town, O's try to win 11th straight series opener

SteveA

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

lol Leave to you guys to make chuckle even during a game when we are getting shut out. 

No way I could have made it through the years as an Oriole fan if I took this stuff that seriously.

The serious ones quit watching when the team sucks.

8 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

This just isn't a playoff team lineup

I know that it sucks to watch out guys go through growing pains and it sucks because some feel like we have some guys in the Minors who could help. I’m not the most patient fan that there is and many posters know that I would like the team to trade for an ace. But strangely I’m calm because I keep telling myself it’s part of of the process. These are the best teams and players in the sport that we are competing against. 

….. Now if the deadline passes and we don’t make any significant upgrades I will lose my calm. But I was never expecting the O’s to win the division this year. We don’t have the roster for that yet.