Monday, May 8: Showdown at the Yard -- Rays come to town, O's try to win 11th straight series opener

SteveA

As a fan of baseball, McClanahan is fun to watch pitch. Can't even get mad at the hitters. This is unhittable stuff. We just have to hope he gets tired and we can get to the relievers. This is what a real TOR looks like.

12 minutes ago, Goober Noodles said:

Seriously.  I'm sure we're all going to say this a million times this year, but the patience as the rule rather than the exception is something I've never seen in my lifetime from Orioles hitters. 

It’s about the best that we can hope for against a guy this good. Just try to hang in there until and keep it close until he tires. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

As a fan of baseball, McClanahan is fun to watch pitch. Can't even get mad at the hitters. This is unhittable stuff. We just have to hope he gets tired and we can get to the relievers. This is what a real TOR looks like.

Very well said!

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't think he popped up intentionally lol. Good swing, good pitch to hit, got under it. 

Mullins is out, not sure why.

Hyde said he wanted to give Mullins a day off because he'd played every day this year and he had just completed the longest road trip of the year to 3 parks with very big outfields and Cedric played his butt off on the trip, especially yesterday in a morning game after a night game.

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

This looks like a game where we are going to have to hope that Tampa leaves him in too long. Right now he’s mowing us down.

I don't think McClanahan has pitched more than 6 innings in a game this year.

Of course their bullpen is good.   I don't know if I can name any of them.   But I know they are good.   And they throw 97.   I think the Rays have a high tech 3D printer that churns out several new relievers each year.