Monday, May 15: Grayson Rodriguez vs Shohei Ohtani

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Oh well. Terrible start for Rodriguez. There will be better days ahead but his command needs to improve significantly. 

You know where people say, "There's nothing more he needs to prove in AAA" I point to starts like this. It's not learning how to get major league hitters out, its about command his stuff. 

You can't be able to only get your fastball over for strikes.

How do you teach someone to command their stuff?  Seems to be a pattern our minor league pitching prospects consistently bring with them when coming up.  Whenever someone finally throws strikes, it's like some sort of magic that no one can define. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BraveOriole said:

Playing like the team that lost 100 games tonight. Clown show.

Are the Orioles “playing bad” or is it just a case of an incredibly bad performance by the starting pitching?

4 runs in 3 innings off of Ohtani is actually excellent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, justD said:

How do you teach someone to command their stuff?  Seems to be a pattern our minor league pitching prospects seem to bring with them when coming up.  Whenever someone finally throws strikes, it's like some sort of magic that no one can define. 

Get out the string.

It worked for Britton.

When it comes to Elias I think of what Palmer said about Earl.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Huh?  Our hitting a d defense has been excellent tonight.  Basically our starting pitcher was terrible, and you expand that into some statement about the team?

It's best to just ignore such ridiculous statements.  Hell, considering this team's track record this year, we're very much still in this game.  I will not be surprised if we win 12-8.

1 minute ago, mrbig1 said:

Well boys this one looks over. It's not going to any easier with the blow Jays and the MFY still to come.

You and Roy Firestone can change the channel and leave the game thread. There are still 5+ innings to play

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, justD said:

How do you teach someone to command their stuff?  Seems to be a pattern our minor league pitching prospects consistently bring with them when coming up.  Whenever someone finally throws strikes, it's like some sort of magic that no one can define. 

I’ll be completely forthright and say I haven’t seen him pitch in the minors other than clips and highlights. But everything I read seemed to indicate he was really good at commanding his pitches. Up until his injury. 

Edited by Mooreisbetter27
  • Upvote 1