Tuesday, June 13: Divisional showdown with Blue Jays begins

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Because I believe how it works is they project FIP and then adjust based on team defense and park factors to project ERA. Since we’re talking about a trade, the context-specific elements of defense and park factors are less relevant. The projections have been shown to be more highly correlated with future performance than ERA or ERA estimators such as FIP.  
    • Wait …what . Cedric has hit for .271 and .290 in his career. And I could also live with the .258 he hit a couple seasons ago.
    • I'm happy that I made it through yesterday intact but look ahead...there are thousands of viruses floating around out there, and it might thunderstorm this weekend...I feel there's a solid chance I get struck by lightning at least twice...my "health" will likely be short lived...but I'm happy to be alive...for now..
    • Pittsburgh signed Keller thru 2028.  As much as I would like to trade for him, I think they plan to build their rotation around Keller and Skenes.  Keller is a #2/3 with ace upside.  If their GM would think to move him, they would no doubt want a package starting w/ Mayo/Basallo or Holliday, fair or unfair. 
    • We've talked about this many times over the years, but I'll never quite get the kind of mass hysteria narratives that sometimes spread around MVP or other award voting. In 1996 ARod was obviously a better overall hitter than Gonzalez, definitely a better baserunner, and while Rodriguez was a good shortstop Gonzalez was a below-average corner outfielder. There was no WAR at the time, but retroactively this is reflected in ARod winning that metric about 9-3. But as often happens someone runs with one crazy idea or the other and they give the award to the clearly worse player. Makes me think it's usually just a way to sell more newspapers with controversy.
    • Right …would anybody be for us picking up Flaherty again? I know I wouldn’t 
    • I worry about Keller ….pitching well then goes to a new team and pitches at the 4 ERA he was last season. 
  • Popular Contributors