Mariners series

Just Regular

They are enjoying a laugher at Yankee Stadium to avoid being swept so barring manager's decision for a tune up, they'll come in tomorrow with Paul Sewald and Andres Munoz fully rested (thanks Yankees).

Verducci on the national telecast just had an interesting anecdote and some good info.     Bryan Woo, tonight's SP, became a 6th round pick of theirs a couple years back despite a college track record of just 70 innings and a 6.00 ERA because they liked the biomechanics and trusted their process.

He is a low release point, big extension fastball, which Verducci reported was the sweetspot of traits for them.    That is I believe an interesting contrast to the high over the top Bradish Felix process I think the Orioles like.

Despite getting a laugher tonight from complacent Yankees, they have been struggling on the road, had been 4-14 the last month plus as visitors before tonight.

• Upvote 3

Gilbert (4.31 ERA) vs. Gibson (3.94)

Miller (3.68) vs. Kremer (4.56)

Kirby (3.29) vs. Bradish (3.88)

Seattle has the slightly better bullpen ERA, 3.52 to 3.58.

Our offense has been considerably better, 4.93 runs/game to 4.32.   

Should be a good series.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Winter said:

always nice to face right handed starting pitching, get the offense going early. 

O’s vs. RHP: .743 OPS

O’s vs. LHP: .759 OPS

O’s vs. RHSP: 743 OPS

O’s vs. LHSP: .757 OPS

Edited by Frobby

58 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

I will be there tonight if the game is played.

I tend to doubt the game will be played.

I think it will be, although maybe with a delay or two.   They aren't calling for all day rainstorm.  Just showers off and on popping up.  And the %s are lower in the evening than in the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see where Gunnar hits in the lineup when Mullins returns?  Was Gunnar getting more fastballs hitting in front of Adley. He most certainly wasn’t getting anymore breaking balls. All pitchers did was throw him junk before. 

With Mullins coming off the groin injury, and likely tabling the stolen bases for a bit, should Mullins bat 3rd with Gunnar 1st?

Edited by sportsfan8703

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gilbert (4.31 ERA) vs. Gibson (3.94)

Miller (3.68) vs. Kremer (4.56)

Kirby (3.29) vs. Bradish (3.88)

Seattle has the slightly better bullpen ERA, 3.52 to 3.58.

Our offense has been considerably better, 4.93 runs/game to 4.32.   

Should be a good series.  

The only way it will be a good series is if the O's win the series.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

I think it will be, although maybe with a delay or two.   They aren't calling for all day rainstorm.  Just showers off and on popping up.  And the %s are lower in the evening than in the day.

Yes,it looks like most of the steady rain will be put of the area by 7:30 PM or so. Occasional showers are possible. 

7 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

Anyone care to wager a guess on tomorrow's game time? I have my doubts that it will start on time, but I think they'll do everything they can to get it in given the WC opponent. 

More importantly, I don't think that Seattle returns to Baltimore this year.  If one of tonight's or Saturday's game is rained out, a double header Sunday is likely.