Some tid bits

bigbird

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm not mistaken, I remember a lot of folks on here suggesting that Ryan Howard was a little overrated because he was a bit "old" for AA.

I tend to agree with what you are saying here. I'd love for us to go after Kaaihue. I'm wondering if we could offer someone like Erbe for him?

I'd think Erbe would be more than enough to get him.

Is there a free website that shows how many option years players have left?

Spoke with my guy this morning. As usual read into this as little or as much as you want:

AM is trying to geal 3-4 players off the 40 man roster. Burres, Simon, Sarfate,

Baez, Walker, and even Freel are names he's heard.

Has heard no talk of interest in Dunn.

He was told the hill trade was done and Hendry is giving AM some time to free up a roster spot (see trading above.

Looper's agent has told the Orioles he is waiting to see if the dodgers sign Wolf. We still want Looper.

HEY:eek:

Please tell me My Perfect One:hearts: will be signed soon!:pray::002_scry:

To me, all of the moves they are making seem to indicate they want to sign Roberts to an extension. I hope so.

I like Roberts but not for four years like he is demanding. I think that would be a big mistake due to his age. If he is adamant about not accepting a three year deal, I would trade him in a NY minute for pitching and never think about it twice.

I like Roberts but not for four years like he is demanding. I think that would be a big mistake due to his age. If he is adamant about not accepting a three year deal, I would trade him in a NY minute for pitching and never think about it twice.

4 years would certainly make it likely it's gonna be a bad contract-

I think the O's could absorb that last year of bad value, it's all a matter of deciding where our priorities are. If we care about BRob and want him to retire an Oriole, you give him that extra year. If we don't, and we expect to have better options in 2011,12,13 - well I guess you do something else with him.

I'm not of the opinion you need to be grateful to players for doing well and being paid millions of dollars, but I can understand the appeal of wanting BRob to be a career Oriole.

I say sign Brob for the four years. I think we are over playing are hand. I feel that Brob at 34 or 35 is still going to be a very productive player. He is the face of the team. Do you remember Cal at the end and he was older then Brob will be when this contract is up and we paid him big bucks.

Well if they are willing to acquire Hill and Looper thats two spots which need to be opened up. BB if both are acquired who do you think has the inside track to the final 5th rotation spot?

Guthrie

Uehara

Looper

Hill

That top 4 could be very good.

Or very bad. Guthrie could get injured, Uehara could end up in the bullpen, Hill could continue to not throw strikes, and Looper.... I don't know about him in the AL East.

Note: I only do this to keep realistic expectations and temper hope

IMO, and I will probably be attacked for this, Wieters may eventually end up at first base if there is any evidence of wear on his body. Catching is very demanding and he will be subject to many nagging injuries that may affect his hitting. I know he has more value as a good switch hitting catcher, but just an opinion.

Well if they are willing to acquire Hill and Looper thats two spots which need to be opened up. BB if both are acquired who do you think has the inside track to the final 5th rotation spot?

Guthrie

Uehara

Looper

Hill

That top 4 could be very good.

Wow there eager beaver. Very good?! You're crazy. Guthrie is the only known commodity and half the people on the board want to trade him. Uehara is a complete mystery. There have been far more Asian flops than Asian pitcher success stories, and he’s up there in age. If he posts a 4.5 era I’d be surprised. Looper has had a 4.55 era over the past two seasons in one of the weakest divisions in baseball. Hill was wild and ineffective in AAA as a 28 year old last year. That’s not as good a Daniel Cabrera. This rotation is far from “very good.” I’d hardly call it passable.

Just out of curiosity why would people rather go after Kila than after Butler?

Probably because Butler's glove is a D, and Kila is a C. And Butler hasn't hit a ton so far in the majors.

But Butler has hit a ton in the minors, consistently, and he's two years younger than Ka'aihue. At 22 Butler was an ok hitter in the majors. At 22 AND 23 Ka'aihue was struggling to get out of AA.

I'm interested in Ka'aihue because I think he'd come pretty cheap and might be a MLB average first baseman for a few years. But I think that Butler might be a huge masher at DH, and much more valuable. The differences in their gloves aren't that huge, and Butler projects as a far better hitter.

Archived