Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

FINALLY!   The slump is over.   I hadn't gotten 9/9 in over 2 weeks.   I filled in 4 quick, easy Orioles and for the most part after that I didn't worry about rarity or Orioles, I just wanted to end the losing streak.

9/9, 73

Spoiler

Jack Morris, Travis Fryman, Fred Lynn

Frank Viola, Eddie Murray, Mookie Wilson

JJ Hardy, Omar Vizquel, Mlevin Mora

Edit:  Turns out my top row was the same as @OsFanSinceThe80s.

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 1

Took this one kinda slow and got probably my lowest rarity score ever with 9/9 18. 

The "Min 1 Game" positional eligibility really opens up the avenues to get low rarity scores. A couple of obscure former O's came in handy. 

Spoiler

Delmon Young, Eric Haase, Quintin Berry

Gary Sanchez, Rajai Davis, Endy Chavez

JJ Hardy, Gio Urshela, Jorge MAteo

• Upvote 1

9/9, 45, used Orioles for 8 of the 9 squares.

Spoiler

Couldn't come up with a White Sox / Blue Jay who also played for the Orioles.  After the fact I see I could have used David Wells, Roberto Alomar, or Edwin Jackson (I had used Alomar elsewhere in the grid).

My grid:

Mark Buehrle, Travis Snider, Roberto Alomar

Thome, Mussina, Ripken

Belle, Olson, Singleton

Orioles row today. Couldn’t pull the non obvious Reds 200 hit answer. Have to go back a ways. 

My Cubs column combined for 1.1. But I only got 159 total because I had the high score for the other two Reds columns.

Orioles row was 9.3.

I’m currently sitting on 8/8, racking my brain trying to think of the name of the SS who played for the Nats and then played for Texas and KC.   I remember he had a terrible walk year with the Nats,  signed a pillow contract and hit very well as an OF for Texas, then signed a big deal with KC and sucked there.  I can picture him, know all this crap about him, but the name is eluding me.  I’ll sit on this all day if I have to.   

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m currently sitting on 8/8, racking my brain trying to think of the name of the SS who played for the Nats and then played for Texas and KC.   I remember he had a terrible walk year with the Nats,  signed a pillow contract and hit very well as an OF for Texas, then signed a big deal with KC and sucked there.  I can picture him, know all this crap about him, but the name is eluding me.  I’ll sit on this all day if I have to.   

I think I know who you're thinking of. You're getting one key fact wrong in his career trajectory.

9/9 - Comparatively easy one today if rarity wasn't a concern.  Quite a few recent or big names to fill the squares.  

Spoiler

Gaylord Perry - Manny Ramirez - Jose Ramirez

Cole Ragans - George Brett - Jarrod Dyson

Will Smith - Henry Aaron - Ron Gant