We need reinforcements

ofan239

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Eury Perez?

I saw what he did today.

Did you?

0.1 IP, 6 ER, 7 H

As smart of a person that you appear to be, I know that you looked at the 10 starts that he made before today's flop. The young man was pitching to a sub 2.50 era. I think the Marlins are fine with what he has given them thus far including today's face plant.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

As smart of a person that you appear to be, I know that you looked at the 10 starts that he made before today's flop. The young man was pitching to a sub 2.50 era. I think the Marlins are fine with what he has given them thus far including today's face plant.

I specified today for a reason.

I just thought it was amusing you make that specific comment after he just had that performance.

You don't see the humor?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I specified today for a reason.

I just thought it was amusing you make that specific comment after he just had that performance.

You don't see the humor?

With you I never can tell...lol

I surmised that it could have been a joke when you put the big bolded caps like I did earlier today.

We need our top prospects to play like they should.  Adley was the number 1 prospect in baseball and he has been a disappointment with the bat the last two months.  Henderson was also number 1 prospect and besides a hot 10 game stretch has been a below average hitter.  Mountcastle even with his flaws was supposed to be a bat first hitter and he has gotten worse.  Mateo isn’t hitting worse then last year.  Mullins since his return has struggled.  In pitching the number 1 pitching prospect in baseball has been sent down because of poor pitching.  DL Hall another higher level pitching prospect is down in spring training complex trying to figure out where his velocity went.  If these top guys don’t actually play up to there potential now and in the future we are not going to reach the levels we all thought and hoped we would.  

Fading fast ..4 in a row, just like the bad days.. whatever part of the game we need to have not perform in order to lose happens

If we score 6 we give up 7 

If we give up 1 we score zero 

Yankees right on us .. it won’t be a week at this rate 

They need to change something.. anything 

Edited by tntoriole

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Ryan Mountcastle had 4 hits tonight. If he's back healthy and seeing the ball well like he did early in the season against the A's (5 HRs in 1 game), maybe he can provide a spark for the team with his power when he returns. At least against RHP.

I mean LHP

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Ryan Mountcastle had 4 hits tonight. If he's back healthy and seeing the ball well like he did early in the season against the A's (5 HRs in 1 game), maybe he can provide a spark for the team with his power when he returns. At least against RHP.

I'm suffering from the Mandela Effect. It was actually 5 HR's in the series. What I'm saying is that he performed great then, and if he's back to seeing the ball great now like he was then, hopefully he can help the team.

If we’re going to part with any of our top prospects. I think we should look for more than a rental. 

Who should we target if we were to offer say Hays, Mayo plus a fringe prospect? 

I say Hayes because it’s the right time to sell high on him. 

O’Hearn is 4 for his last 31 And Hicks is 2 for his last 24.

Both are obviously SSS but you are also talking about 2 players who have largely gone unwanted for the last few years, so SSS or not, it could be the beginning of them being “what we thought they were”.

This isn’t to say I believe that these guys should be cut or optioned back down now.

However, now that the bats have cooled down, there is no longer any excuse to keep Cowser down.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

If we’re going to part with any of our top prospects. I think we should look for more than a rental. 

Who should we target if we were to offer say Hays, Mayo plus a fringe prospect? 

I say Hayes because it’s the right time to sell high on him. 

If we are trading Mayo, it’s not for a rental.

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

O’Hearn is 4 for his last 31 And Hicks is 2 for his last 24.

Both are obviously SSS but you are also talking about 2 players who have largely gone unwanted for the last few years, so SSS or not, it could be the beginning of them being “what we thought they were”.

This isn’t to say I believe that these guys should be cut or optioned back down now.

However, now that the bats have cooled down, there is no longer any excuse to keep Cowser down.

I agree. It may be time to seriously pull the trigger on brining up Cowser. He will definitely improve our defense and team speed and has the swing decisions/OBP skills that at least won’t hurt our offense (but will probably help it). 

Ryan O’Hearn is not/never was/and never will be a consistent clean up hitter on a team vying for contention. I was in agreement with riding the hot hand, but now that he has cooled off considerably, it no longer seems like a wise proposition to delay Cowser and for that matter Kjerstad. They are the more talented players, probably better hitters, and definitely future key cogs to our team’s success.