Hays batting 7th..starting in CF for AS game

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can't even tell you how excited I am for Hays.   Here's a guy who was our Golden Boy back in 2017, who suffered so many injury setbacks from 2018-20.   He's worked really hard to get to this point and is a team player.   You could tell how excited Brandon Hyde was when he called out "HAYSIE!" when calling out the team's selections.   Now he gets to be a starter, which is just icing on the cake.   It will be so cool for him to be in the lineup they announce and run out there with the other great players.   I hope he makes some noise in the game, and backs it up with a great second half.

I second this, I have always loved Hays, but I thought with the injuries he was gonna project like another favorite of mine, Reimold... So glad he is there! I also hope that him batting 7th in this lineup might make Hyde bat him higher than 5th...

6 minutes ago, MijiT88 said:

I second this, I have always loved Hays, but I thought with the injuries he was gonna project like another favorite of mine, Reimold... So glad he is there! I also hope that him batting 7th in this lineup might make Hyde bat him higher than 5th...

Hays has batted 1-4 31 times. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I can't even tell you how excited I am for Hays.   Here's a guy who was our Golden Boy back in 2017, who suffered so many injury setbacks from 2018-20.   He's worked really hard to get to this point and is a team player.   You could tell how excited Brandon Hyde was when he called out "HAYSIE!" when calling out the team's selections.   Now he gets to be a starter, which is just icing on the cake.   It will be so cool for him to be in the lineup they announce and run out there with the other great players.   I hope he makes some noise in the game, and backs it up with a great second half.

Right on brother. I am so excited to see him with all his All Star peers. Seeing him start is definitely going to be one of the highlights of the game for me. 

3 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Hays has batted 1-4 31 times. 

He is our most consistent hitter, he should be batting 2nd or 3rd. Get that bat up in the first inning every game. 31 times means there are 58 games where he hasnt, and I would be most of those 31 times came on mullins day off or injury time. But I think hide has given up on ced up top, rightfully so, he just isnt right since he got hurt