Draft Kings commercials

Three Run Homer

22 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

As annoying as they are, I find the Burger King commercials far more insufferable with the relentless bombardment of horrible tone deaf singing of a really bad jingle. I haven't had anything from Burger King in more than a year and those ads are one of the big reasons why.

MASN and MLB must really be struggling to find sponsers because they play the same commercials over and over about 10 times a game, every day of of the week and it really is obnoxious by the 1st day. 

Those have really gotten out of control lately as well. The only reason I don't hate them as much as the sports book ads is because my son gets a huge kick out of them and sings the song all the time. I like when he does it, but I could get on board with fewer BK commercials.

I'm oddly obsessed with commercials, good and bad. Always a fun new one to talk about or make fun of. But this thread presents an interesting topic: 

What is the best/worst/most memorable commercial you can recall that had regular air time during O's games. For me, it's not close. The old Red Roof Inn commercials by a landslide. "Chance of me doing any work are... remote" is burned into my brain. If I really thought about it, there are plenty of others, I'm sure. 

Help me out. What are some of your standouts?

2 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

Those have really gotten out of control lately as well. The only reason I don't hate them as much as the sports book ads is because my son gets a huge kick out of them and sings the song all the time. I like when he does it, but I could get on board with fewer BK commercials.

Yes...the BK ads are horrible.   I actually find the Wendy's commercials kind of funny.  

38 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

The sheer hypocrisy of having those commercials during games for a sport that bans one of its all time greats for betting.

I get the point that you're trying to make, but I don't think I'll ever feel sympathetic towards Pete Rose. That said, the MLB Network havng betting segments just feels wrong on so many levels. 

All that said, the Draft King ads (all of them) are absolutely unbearable and stupid. The only thing worse are the unbelievably inappropriate and stupid Birddog ads that the air during most of the MLB season pass games. The Pinocchio one in particular might be the stupidest commerical that I've ever seen. 

10 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Maybe it's just me, but the Draft Kings commercials with David Ortiz are some of the worst ads I've ever seen.  The guy and his wife (and even their dog) seem like pathetic losers.  Those ads do not make me want to start sports betting.  

The "public service" commercial with the guy talking to his friend about betting responsibly is also terrible, to the point that I switch the channel every time it comes on.  I don't want to have to hear that guy talking about "bird mascots" ever again.  I might suspect that ad was deliberately made to be annoying because Draft Kings doesn't really want people to bet resopnsibly, except that the Big Papi ads are horrible too, so maybe they just have a terrible ad agency. 

On the other hand, the Fan Duel commercials with Lisa Kerney are hilarious.  "You mean...watching baseball?"  

Don't tell Roy Firestone that! :D

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Don't tell Roy Firestone that! :D

33 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I'm oddly obsessed with commercials, good and bad. Always a fun new one to talk about or make fun of. But this thread presents an interesting topic: 

What is the best/worst/most memorable commercial you can recall that had regular air time during O's games. For me, it's not close. The old Red Roof Inn commercials by a landslide. "Chance of me doing any work are... remote" is burned into my brain. If I really thought about it, there are plenty of others, I'm sure. 

Help me out. What are some of your standouts?

Muuuuuuuuuullllti-taskiiiiiing!

• Upvote 1

Sports betting has become a blight on the sports landscape. You can't watch any sporting event without getting a plug for gambling every 7 minutes or so. It's absolutely awful. I've never been one who felt that sports gambling needed to be illegal, but I sure wish they would pass some laws limiting the ability of sports betting sites to advertise, as they have done for cigarettes. 

Just now, crawjo said:

Sports betting has become a blight on the sports landscape. You can't watch any sporting event without getting a plug for gambling every 7 minutes or so. It's absolutely awful. I've never been one who felt that sports gambling needed to be illegal, but I sure wish they would pass some laws limiting the ability of sports betting sites to advertise, as they have done for cigarettes. 

Very much agree with this. You want to gamble, gamble. But don’t try to talk me into gambling every half inning. 

Gambling is like religion. Fine for you if that’s what you want to do/believe, but stop trying to talk me into it!

59 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't get the Points Bet golf ads.

I know who Paige Spiranac is, she's definitely hot.  But at the same time, I'm 41 years old and I've spent a good chunk of my life doing fashion shoots for developing models on the side of my regular job.  Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.  I'm sure Paige looks great jumping up and down but I'm also reminded that no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is sick of her **** that she thinks doesn't stink.

Spot on Moose. I’m also in my 40s and every time I see one of these ‘influencers’ I recognize how hot they are but immediately start thinking about how annoying they probably are to be around LOL. Maybe it’s a symptom of age, I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

As annoying as they are, I find the Burger King commercials far more insufferable with the relentless bombardment of horrible tone deaf singing of a really bad jingle. I haven't had anything from Burger King in more than a year and those ads are one of the big reasons why.

MASN and MLB must really be struggling to find sponsers because they play the same commercials over and over about 10 times a game, every day of of the week and it really is obnoxious by the 1st day. 

I haven't gone to Burger King in many years. Their "food" is anything but good for you.