Orioles and the Rays for the Division One factor favoring the Rays.

2001OriolesFan

One nice thing about playing in a dome is that half your games are not going to be ra ined out so you get and keep the regular breaks in the schedule. You don't burn out starting and relief pitching. You don’t burn out you catchers who have to squat and throw every pitch back to the pitcher. The Orioles have played 4 less games than the Rays- maybe people don’t think that is much of a factor and I strongly disagree. If you go through the current schedules for the rest of the year, then you have the following sequences of games. The first number is the number of games in a row and the second is the number of off days/travel days between sets. (This is always one day : “[1]”.

For the Orioles it is: 7,,,,10,,,,9,,,,3,,,,9,,,,6,,,,17,,,,6

For the Rays it is: 4….3….6...3...9….3...6...2...15...6...2...3

List them from longest to shortest:

Orioles ……….17,,,10,,,,9,,,,9,,,,7,,,,6,,,6,,,3

Rays…………..15….9..6...6...6...4...3...3...3...2...2..

The Orioles have ONE series with less than a 6 games in a row

The Rays have SIX series with less than 6 games in a row.

Who is going to be sucking wind at the end of the year?

3 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

You know, I have assumed the fact that we have 4 fewer games played is due to rainouts.  I can't believe it is due to scheduling, but I didn't check.

I don't THINK we've had one.   We've certainly had a ton of delays, but I don't remember a rainout.

10 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It was scheduling. Not sure I get why, but it was the way the schedules were made. 

Yes, it was definitely weird that the O's had 6 off days in June but only have 2 in September (with a stretch of 17 games in 17 days).

28 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

All depends on your outlook. We have 4 more games to go, but currently in 1st and playing really well. 4 more games are 4 more opportunities for wins that the Rays don’t have. Just keep your eye on the road ahead and it should all work out. 

They have 2 more wins, so on those 4 "makeup?" games we have to do 2-2 to stay even.

31 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

They have 2 more wins, so on those 4 "makeup?" games we have to do 2-2 to stay even.

And if we stay even with them, and go 4-4 in our remaining games with Tampa, we would have the tiebreak, in which case staying even would mean being ahead of in the standings.

54 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It was scheduling. Not sure I get why, but it was the way the schedules were made. 

It’s very stupid, but correct.  It was just crazy to have 6 scheduled off days in June and then have such a stacked second half schedule.   I do think the more relaxed schedule favors the Rays.  

What favors the O’s is, we’re the better team.  😎

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s very stupid, but correct.  It was just crazy to have 6 scheduled off days in June and then have such a stacked second half schedule.   I do think the more relaxed schedule favors the Rays.  

What favors the O’s is, we’re the better team.  😎

Do you really think we're the better team?

2 minutes ago, Getz said:

Do you really think we're the better team?

That’s why they play the games — to find out.  

But I’m tired of taking a back seat and worrying about the teams we’re scheduled to play.  Let them worry about us.  We’ve been way better than Tampa recently, and even going back a month or two.  Let’s blow their damned doors off!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

Yes, it was definitely weird that the O's had 6 off days in June but only have 2 in September (with a stretch of 17 games in 17 days).

Even that can be a bit of a blessing depending on how you look at it. 17 games in 17 days is a bit more tolerable with expanded rosters, and our minor league players are a real asset to boot. Like I said in my earlier reply, just go out and play and it should all take care of itself.