Mullins to miss a lot of time?

Sports Guy

Hicks has gotten to two balls and just not caught the ball.  I understand the frustration but I think he’s passable in CF.  I’m also hopeful that Cowser just gets more confident and relaxed both offensively and defensively.   Trying to get Bellinger seems a little reactionary, desperate, and unnecessary right now.   I vote status quo for now,

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Hicks has gotten to two balls and just not caught the ball.  I understand the frustration but I think he’s passable in CF.  I’m also hopeful that Cowser just gets more confident and relaxed both offensively and defensively.   Trying to get Bellinger seems a little reactionary, desperate, and unnecessary right now.   I vote status quo for now,

Hicks moves like old people ----.  

1 minute ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Hicks moves like old people ----.  

Haha.  Maybe so but I’m not giving up on the old man yet.   He got to those two balls.  He was there.  He missed two very catchable ballls but he got to the spot, old or not.

I noticed earlier in July ATL threw Relief Ace Nick Anderson on to the 60-day IL with a strain, but of course they have a 37 game division lead.     Nifty way to snag an extra roster spot going to deadline.     

I can't say I know, but I have a feeling Anderson will somehow be okay in mid-September.

It would damage our division chances a bunch, but I do wonder a little if Mullins has what would inherently be a 30 day situation, does Elias consider doing 60 and hoping 10-15 September games is enough for him to find form for the tournament?

Daz Cameron?   Naturally the Heston Kjerstad Master Plan will not be moved by a Rolling few weeks worth of injury outcomes.

1 hour ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Well, since neither of us know, unless there's a deal, we can just disagree.  

If his agent is telling them he’s going to decline the option he’s essentially a rental. You could probably give them Norby, Stowers, and a guy like Pinto. I mentioned that he’d be more valuable if he’d accept the option. I don’t think the price will be steep unless you think the above is steep.

s

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If his agent is telling them he’s going to decline the option he’s essentially a rental. You could probably give them Norby, Stowers, and a guy like Pinto. I mentioned that he’d be more valuable if he’d accept the option. I don’t think the price will be steep unless you think the above is steep.

You know that's on the table?  I know fans love this kind of dream spinning but it's never interested me.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

s

You know that's on the table?  I know fans love this kind of dream spinning but it's never interested me.  

Did I say it was on the table? I said, “ you could probably “. I don’t even know if Elias Is interested in Bellinger. And I said, “he’s more valuable if he’d agree to the option”. 

Manny Machado was traded for  Díaz, Kremer,  Bannon, Valera and Zach Pop

Diaz was top 100, Bannon (system #27),  Kremer (system #28), Valera and Pop were non top 30 guys.

Do you think Bellinger is more valuable than Machado? I’m certain he isn’t even an equivalent.

Norby was top 100 and after the draft which pushes guys out of the top 100. Stowers still has value even though he’s lost prospect status and needs a chance to play somewhere, and Pinto is a 2.86 ERA starter in A ball. Would they have to throw in another guy? Maybe but it would be bottom 30 or worse. 

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Haha.  Maybe so but I’m not giving up on the old man yet.   He got to those two balls.  He was there.  He missed two very catchable ballls but he got to the spot, old or not.

Putting those two drops aside, he plays a very deep CF and a lot of balls drop in front of him that a good CF would reach.  

We don’t have an option to play CF for a long period time that won’t hurt us defensively. Something needs to be done.

I have been saying that I’m not worried about making moves just to make the playoffs and that’s true whether Mullins is here or not.

However, you would like to win the division and, more importantly, you want that very good CF defense in the playoffs and we just don’t know where Mullins is going to be by then or how high the likelihood it is that he re-injures it again. He could need surgery for all we know if the recovery doesn’t go well.

So, you have to get a real CF option. Hays, Hicks and Cowser ain’t it.

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Putting those two drops aside, he plays a very deep CF and a lot of balls drop in front of him that a good CF would reach.  

Maybe he’s terrible.  My initial take on Hicks is that I can live with his defense in CF but he has to start catching the ones he gets to, which he hasn’t at least twice in the last 3-4 days.