Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

3-0 Tuesday for LAA-NYM-SD....their presence or absence from market big impact on inventory for demand.  

Giolito/Montgomery/Stroman could be the A list or the B list.

Twins Mountcastle interest....Jorge Lopez reunion probably not enough as his Arb3 tender looks iffy, but as they were the team who said peace out to Danny Coulombe they might have middle relievers, or another Cade Povich lying around.

Just now, waroriole said:

This is just a fan blog and he even acknowledges they don’t have room for him in their lineup, with 1B/DH already occupied. 

Offseason move makes more sense.

Mounty serves a purpose for the Os the rest of this season and his value is low, so I doubt they move him now unless he’s part of a larger trade for a pitcher.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Offseason move makes more sense.

Mounty serves a purpose for the Os the rest of this season and his value is low, so I doubt they move him now unless he’s part of a larger trade for a pitcher.

I agree mostly. If a team overvalues him, like this guy apparently does, then sure move him. But, if all we get back is a middle RP of mediocre quality, just hold on to him. Mountcastle is just as likely to go on a tear and be more valuable than anything we could get for him. 

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I agree mostly. If a team overvalues him, like this guy apparently does, then sure move him. But, if all we get back is a middle RP of mediocre quality, just hold on to him. Mountcastle is just as likely to go on a tear and be more valuable than anything we could get for him. 

Everything that guy is saying is true. He is a great guy low option for teams. In the offseason, I would pursue him if I needed power because he’s still cheap and young and has a lot of batted ball upside.

But the Os can use him now. Winning is what matters, not getting a lottery ticket for a useful player.

In the offseason you can do that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Everything that guy is saying is true. He is a great guy low option for teams. In the offseason, I would pursue him if I needed power because he’s still cheap and young and has a lot of batted ball upside.

But the Os can use him now. Winning is what matters, not getting a lottery ticket for a useful player.

In the offseason you can do that.

It’s been true for 2 years now that his xSLG far outdistances his actual SLG. At some point, it shouldn’t be expected anymore. 

8 hours ago, baltfan said:

This screams adding another reliever to me.  That is the biggest need to get deep in playoffs.  I suppose they could use another starter too if you believe Wells’s arm might be toast. 

Well I think they need to score more runs. It depends on Mullins as you probably need another bat or two that gives you a competent run producing/on base mix. 

4 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Not a fan.   I don't want to lose Ortiz for 2 months of Giolito.   Kelly has been pretty inconsistent this season.

If you told me you could add a number 1 starter and a reliever with a 12 k per nine. I agree I’d like Kelly better if his ERA was 4.5…..for Ortiz and little else I’d be stoked.