2023 MLB Trade Deadline Deals

SteveA

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Chaim Bloom starting the Mike Elias Jorge Lopez portfolio of moves.    Is Joey Cora mad?

I'm not sure what Bloom is doing honestly.  There's chatter about Atlanta wanting Duvall now too.  Maybe they are selling?  Maybe they are getting rid of dead weight for a roster spot?  Shopping the LAD pitching depth is a good place, so that aligns with Elias buying some arms.  

Kike is Boston's version of Mateo.  .222/.279/.320 on the season and worse over the last month (.208/.236/.208).   

I think this thread would get a lot more traction in the Orioles section at least through the deadline.  It would be relevant since the Orioles are in the trade market as buyers.  I know we have had a "Hot Stove" thread like this in past years.  Just my 2cents 

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think this thread would get a lot more traction in the Orioles section at least through the deadline.  It would be relevant since the Orioles are in the trade market as buyers.  I know we have had a "Hot Stove" thread like this in past years.  Just my 2cents 

I debated where to start it, but I figured there are already threads in the Oriole board discussing Oriole trade possibilities, and those will mention when someone we might want gets taken off the board.   So I figured I'd just put this here and keep it as a news thread, reporting each deal as it happens.   If someone wants to discuss whether a deal affects the Orioles, they can do that in one of the threads on the Oriole board.

That was my logic.   But I would have no problem if the mods chose to move this to the Oriole board.   

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Jorge Lopez traded again this July - Kim Ng giving 0.4 years of Dylan Floro for 1.4 years of Jorge.

I guess Twins think Floro better, but kind of an odd challenge deal.

The MLB Network crawl momentarily has a funny slip that the Marlins have acquired PABLO Lopez for Floro.

A change of scenery deal for both but it goes to show how much faith they had in Jorge, which is none.   I’ll take Fujinami over either one of them.

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Jorge Lopez traded again this July - Kim Ng giving 0.4 years of Dylan Floro for 1.4 years of Jorge.

I guess Twins think Floro better, but kind of an odd challenge deal.

The MLB Network crawl momentarily has a funny slip that the Marlins have acquired PABLO Lopez for Floro.

Guys who have been in the Miami bullpen in the last year and couple months:

Jorge Lopez
Tanner Scott
Richard Bleieir
Cole Sulser
Zach Pop
Louis Head
Jimmy Yacabonis
Shawn Armstrong

Syndergaard being reported part of the return, which I think mostly should be seen as financiers moving debt on paper around so LAD can limbo under the tax reset they are hoping to for the 2024 free agents.

I'd guess his inclusion means CLE getting something a little nicer.

LAD muddled 100 games after letting Trea go and the Lux injury but I never thought they would play a postseason without a real shortstop.

Edited by Just Regular