2023 MLB Trade Deadline Deals

SteveA

8 hours ago, nevadaO said:

Angels just got Giolito and Lopez from Chicago.

Sorry I just don't get this. They're 3 games over 500 and like 4 games out of the last wild card spot. They trade away good prospects for rentals, when they know they aren't going to resign Ohtani. 

11 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Sorry I just don't get this. They're 3 games over 500 and like 4 games out of the last wild card spot. They trade away good prospects for rentals, when they know they aren't going to resign Ohtani. 

A last ditch effort to make the playoffs with Ohtani and, hopefully, Trout.   Would be a good story and MAYBE help them sign Ohtani if they do.   The season ticket holders don’t know Quero.  The know Ohtani and playoffs.  I get it.

11 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

It's the Angels.  They maybe one of the worst run organizations in baseball now considering the size of their fan base, their revenue and payroll.  They have had two of the best players in baseball the last few years and can't even make the playoffs.  They sign average players to huge contracts and many of their prospects fizzle out or are never given a chance like Jo Adel.  

On 7/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, bpilktree67 said:

It's the Angels.  They maybe one of the worst run organizations in baseball now considering the size of their fan base, their revenue and payroll.  They have had two of the best players in baseball the last few years and can't even make the playoffs.  They sign average players to huge contracts and many of their prospects fizzle out or are never given a chance like Jo Adel.  

Out of curiosity I looked up Rendon's salary and he's making a ridiculous $38m this season. $38m!!!???