Jack Flaherty acquired for Cesar Prieto, Drew Rom, and Zach Showalter

ChuckS

Yeah, apparently the trade was Prieto and Rom.

I don't love it tbh.  Prieto I'm fine with, but would have preferred bullpen help honestly.

Rom seems like a weighty addition for what we're getting.  I know he's been bad as of late, and there's always been a big divide between the scouting projection and the numbers he was putting up in the MiLs, but I think he has a ML future, and I'm not so sure I'd have given that up for 2 months of an innings eater.

• Upvote 1

On its face, it feels like we gave up more value than Flaherty is worth. 

The *asterisk* here is the same as it always is with this FO: I’m assuming they have a fix in mind that they think will help him take a quick step forward. If they’re projecting him at, say, half-a-run better than he’s been for STL this year, then that would be a very different story.

Underwhelmed.   This move would be criticized more if Wells hadn’t gone down.  As it is, this a decent sideways move to replace Wells.   If Wells can come back and fortify the bullpen it will look even better.   Prieto and Rom are spare parts.   Elias doesn’t make the bold move.

• Upvote 1