Jack Flaherty to Os.

cheecks

23 minutes ago, oriole said:

Hmmmm Prieto seems like a lot for an average at best SP rental. But whatever, he was also about as disposable as it gets in this organization. 

we have another infielder named Jackson Holliday to play for us...Prieto is a nice player...but not Holiday...not even close...we also kept Joey Ortiz and even better player than Prieto...we are fine...

Edited by Roy Firestone

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

we have another infielder names Jackson Holliday to play for us...Prieto is a nice player...but not Holiday...

Gotta agree with you. No room for Prieto and Rom isn’t exactly anyone to fuss about. I think in a vacuum it’s lopsided towards the Cardinals but it’s alright for the O’s at the moment. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with the trade from a tactical, value perspective.   We didn't get a lot, but we also didn't give up a lot.  

I think there is EVERYTHING wrong with this trade from a strategic perspective.  Why are we bargain basement shopping when we have the best farm system in baseball?   There were starting and relief pitchers available on this market who could have really elevated this team, and we didn't get any of them (leaving Fuji aside).