The starters’ innings thread

Frobby

The latest totals (including minor league innings) of 2023 vs. prior career high innings, with each starter theoretically available for two more starts:

Rodriguez 152.2/103.0

Kremer 164.0/134.1

Bradish 163.2/145.1

Wells 128.1/119.1

It’s pretty clear that Wells won’t return to the majors this year, as he hasn’t been effective at Norfolk.  The others are still going strong and Elias and Hyde appear to have no intention of backing off them so long as the division title is in play.  We’ll see what happens if the O’s clinch the division at some point.

Right now the rotation is lined up to be:

21 - Rodriguez

22 - Kremer

23 - Means 

24 - Gibson

26 - Bradish

27 - Rodriguez

28 - Kremer

29 - Means 

30 - Gibson

And then Bradish able to take the ball in the final game on Oct 1 if the division is still in play, otherwise he’ll start game 1 of playoffs and the last game will be Irvin or a bullpen game. So (hopefully) 1 more start for Bradish, 2 more for everyone else.

If everyone stays healthy I don’t see them changing that rotation, as it’s in the right order for the playoffs. Even if they clinch earlier than the last game I think they’ll keep everyone on turn. 

17 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

21 - Rodriguez

22 - Kremer

23 - Means 

24 - Gibson

26 - Bradish

27 - Rodriguez

28 - Kremer

29 - Means 

30 - Gibson

And then Bradish able to take the ball in the final game on Oct 1 if the division is still in play, otherwise he’ll start game 1 of playoffs and the last game will be Irvin or a bullpen game. So (hopefully) 1 more start for Bradish, 2 more for everyone else.

If everyone stays healthy I don’t see them changing that rotation, as it’s in the right order for the playoffs. Even if they clinch earlier than the last game I think they’ll keep everyone on turn. 

All bets are off if they wrap this up by the 28th as well on regards to what they do. 

35 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

21 - Rodriguez

22 - Kremer

23 - Means 

24 - Gibson

26 - Bradish

27 - Rodriguez

28 - Kremer

29 - Means 

30 - Gibson

I wonder if you let Bradish pitch a couple innings on Oct 1 just to keep the rust off? It would be a long layoff otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

I wonder if you let Bradish pitch a couple innings on Oct 1 just to keep the rust off? It would be a long layoff otherwise. 

I agree they'll keep him in rhythm.      Grayson's turn today in the big dance of who will they juggle for Game 1 (and if necessary Game 5 of an ALDS).

Borrowing the @Frobby format for the Guardians big young guy (and ECU Connor Norby teammate):

The latest totals (including minor league innings) of 2023 vs. prior career high innings:

Gavin Williams 142.1/115.0

Williams last pitched Sunday, and they are slotting Bieber's return Friday to give him a couple extra days,